Herpes type, could it be inaccurate?
I wad diagnosed with Herpes last week after I had an huge outbreak genitally and severe symptoms.

I had two swabs done at two different places. They both said HSV-1 positive and HSV-2 negative.

I am just wondering, since my outbreak was so severe (high fever, pimples all over the place and plenty discharge) whether the test was accurate. Could it be possible that I also have HSV-2?

I would hate for this to be the case. But I wanted to check.

The swab was taken when the blisters were new and there was a lot of discharge. The tests were done my the GP and hospital in the UK.
No. Those tests are accurate. The outbreak you describe fits perfectly with hsv1. The good news is hsv1 future outbreaks will be more mild and usually few and far between. Some people never get another one. Hsv1 sheds very little and is usually not very potent when it does. Genital to genital contraction of the virus is unusual.  While I understand getting hsv is not ideal. Hsv1 is not a big deal. Plus most people have hsv1 orally so those people are mostly immune to it anyway.
Hope this helps
Thanks for making me feel better. It isn't really a big deal. I think it was just a shock to the system as I didn't realise it was so easy to catch. I'm one of the few who never had HSV-1 at all, so I was not protected I guess.

All the best.
Feelingundone is right!  Tests are pretty accurate these days, and since you have HSV1 genitally then you're actually better off than if it was HSV2.  I have HSV1 orally and it used to be pretty killer (like 2-3 weeks long and every other month).  There are some things you can do, naturally, to ease your symptoms or even stop them altogether (I did not say cure).  There are a huge number of scams out there in regards to this as well and if someone is selling you something then that's a pretty good indicator.  In the meantime I would direct you to the earthclinic as a starting point.  Some minor life style changes can make all the difference.  I have used OOO, Lemon Balm, and BHT to great effect but they aren't for everyone.  Best of luck to you!
Thanks Cris. I have been taking some supplements such as Oregano oil, and other stuff. I also read and tried out putting rubbing alcohol as soon as you see a pimple. It kills the virus.

Wish you the best :)