Herpes Community
Herps type 2 help!!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herps type 2 help!!

Hi, I had unprotected sex with this girl about 4 months ago and she just found out she has herps type 2. We only had sex for about 15 seconds and we where both really drunk, what are the chances that I would contract this virus?
Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Have a great day.
I also have a red rash on my penis and it's dried out some times. I don't know if I still have a yeast infection that I got from my GF a while ago or if it's herps.
I'm really freaking out!!!!
I removed your other post since it was the same as this one. we'll keep it all in this post - thanks!

have you had a type specific herpes igg blood test to know your own status yet? that is your next step. you also should be seen for your rash.

grace
Thanks for replying :)
No I'm going to get all that done today. Do you think the rash would be related to herpes? I've had the rash for about 2-3 weeks now and it seems to just be getting slightly more itchy. There aren't any sore like spots and it's just itchy on my inner thighs, my penis and sometimes my anus.
Any thoughts on this? Maybe jock itch?
Also is it very likely that I do have herpes? I've been doing research and they said its like a 6-10% chance of getting it when there is no outbreak, do u have any thoughts on this?

Thanks for your time grace
A one-time encounter is not a 6 - 10% risk. It's very low, something like 1 in 10,000.

The rash you describe doesn't sound particularly herpetic, but either way, it should be evaluated by a professional. Since it has been more than 4 months since your encounter with the girl in question, a blood test should give you a definitive answer at this point. There's no use speculating on the chance that you acquired it -- just get the test so you can stop wondering.
Thanks  ehbeedub and gracefromHHp for the help :) it puts my mind more or less to rest.