Aa
A
A
Close
High HSV-1 and HSV-2 results and a year later negative results..
Over a year ago I was tested by a place that does STD testing(Any Lab Test Now) and my IgG results were 9.28 for HSV 1 and 7.13 for HSV 2. I have never had an out break but started taking 800mg of Acyclovir daily. The other day I was getting a physical at my doctors office and I decided to get my blood tested again(Sonora Quest Labs). I was shocked when my results both came back <0.2!
What does this mean? How could the first test be so high and the test a year later be completely negative? Does this mean that one of the labs really messed up my test?
I am going to get another test next week but am very confused. I feel like I've been living my life for the last year like I was infected and now I don't know..
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
101028 tn?1419606604
I'd retest with a herpes WB blood test. I wouldn't bother with any other sort of herpes igg blood testing since you've had such differing results. At this point in the US, you have to call the U of washington, have the test kit sent to your house and then have your provider order it to be drawn at your local lab and sent out.

grace
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources