Herpes Community
How can i stop getting cold sores so much?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How can i stop getting cold sores so much?

I have HSV 1 oral and i seem too get one cold sore after the other what can i do too stop from happing so often?And is there any medication i can take too stop them from happing so often?
Related Discussions
17 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
whats one after the other? That is very atypical for Herpes 1. Interesting. Keep a healthy diet, stay out of the sun and tanning booths, stop eating nuts (Which I hear doesn;t really matter but try it), and maybe use an electric shaver instead of a blade to prevent scrapping the area with a blade..
Blank
well i have had about 8 outbreaks already this year is that alot?
Blank
One a month, yeah, it is more than the average.. What are your outbreaks like?
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
Have you tried daily suppressive therapy with one of the herpes antivirals?

grace

( pssst slacker - the poster is female so chances are good she's not shaving her face...he he he )
Blank
Well i get like 2 to 3 cold sores in every outbreak and it last over a week and i was wondering if valtrex would help?To grace i am a male and i have tried the antivirals for outbreaks when they happens.
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
Yes, valtrex should help - or acyclovir or famvir.

That's what Grace was referring to - daily antiviral treatment.

Good luck - I'm sure its frustrating.

Aj
Blank
well i have tried acyclovir but they only give it too me when i have a outbreak my doctor has yet too give me anything that i would take everyday.so should i ask my doctor about something i should take everyday?
Blank
494623_tn?1278282952
Male? errrm
Blank
yes i am a male why?
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
You are registered as a female frankinboots - might want to change that so folks don't get confused. That's what the pink icon means plus you have female listed on your profile.

Yes you can ask about taking a herpes antiviral every single day to help ward off cold sores.  Have you seen your provider to make sure that these are just cold sores too?

grace
Blank
I was told by my doctor that they were cold sores they drew blood and swab a sore and and both came back positive.So what would they put me on everyday?And i will change my info i did not know it said female.
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
You look good in pink though dear :)

You can use any of the 3 herpes antivirals suppressively - acyclovir, famvir or valtrex.

grace
Blank
thank u and i have one more question i have the clear and white bumps on my hands i know they are not herpes i just wondering if u had any idea what they are
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
You'd need to show those to your doctor and ask. even if you asked on the dermatology forum it would all be guessing.

grace

Blank
Thank u for all ur help:)
Blank
611773_tn?1220712920
I got it twice this year for now. Usually on the corner of my mouth so no one can see it if they are very near me. I wear lipstick to cover it - awesome being a female.

I've been taking Valtrex and hoping I don't get it. But I do notice I having tiny red dot on top of lips but it all in my head.
Blank
So do u think valtrex is helping u?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979