Herpes Community
How can you get Herpes or any kind of STD?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

What are the ways you can catch an std (herpes, hepatitis, etc.)
Can you get it by sharing a pipe?
Sharing a cup?
Please, I just want to know to be safe and avoid exposure.
thank you very much
STD is short for SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE. That means some sort of sexual contact is involved.
OK thanks,

The thing is that the other day I shared a narguila pipe with my friends friend whom i  dont know.
He didnt have any kind of cold sores on his mouth or anything so i was wondering if i could herpes from that if he had it tho i couldnt see any symptoms of it.

Like is it possible to get herpes or any other std from someone by sharing a cup or stuff like that?
I encourage you to better educate yourself on std's in general. www.ashastd.org has terrific info on all std's and how to reduce the odds of transmission of them.  If you are sexually active, you need to know these things.

Are you going to get a std or oral herpes from sharing a pipe? no, you aren't.  

grace
Thanks for your help.
I read most of th ewbsite. However, I have a question.
If you share anything (be it a cup, can, pipe, w.e) with someone that shows no symptoms of herpes but may have it can you get it?
Im just really worried cuz i shared this pipe with this guy i dont know and tonight i shared a cigarrette with my friend but as the website said YOU NEVER KNOW.
Sorry if im being ignorant or annoying i just want to learn how to be safe.
Thanks!