Herpes Community
How do I know if I have herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

How do I know if I have herpes?

Four days ago I went to a strip club with some friends for my birthday.  One of the strippers licked her fingers and gave me a hand job then started to grind on top of me with my underwear on.  Then she started to proceed and lick my right nipple.  Is there anyway I can catch some sort of std this way?  Later in the evening I had protected sex with one of the girls.  I understand that I can catch herpes this way it's been four days since my sexual intercourse and had slight tingling/itching near my scrotum and when I woke up this morning I had a sore throat however I did not have oral sex.  I have had no symptoms of rashes, bumps, or discharge but just slight itching around my genitals.  I do not know if it is because I am so paranoid or if it is because I have an std.  I went and got tested the next day after I had sex which now i found out to be totally useless.  How long do you suggest I wait until I get tested again for stds?  Also I have not been able to eat or sleep because this has been a very scary time for me so do you think I will be in the clear after 7 days if I still have no signs of herpes besides the slight itching/tingling near my scrotum?  Thank you for your help during this stressful period for me.
also I would like to note that sometimes my buttocks/thighs/calves itch however I do not know if it is because of herpes or due to my extreme paranoia.
im sorry for posting so much but I also forgot to mention I have not had any fevers, back pains just the slight itching and the tingling sensation is only around my left testicle.  Thank you for your time.
I think it is a definite possibility that you are worrying so much that you are making yourself sick. Try to get your mind off of it, you will just have to wait it out.

You can't get an STD from having your nipple licked, unless you have a cut or open sore on it.

If you used a condom correctly then it is extremely unlikely that you contracted herpes. Herpes passes through skin-to-skin contact. If she did not have any visible sores it is something like 1% chance of getting it, assuming that she does have it.

You can make yourself sick from worry. According to my doctor, having that area on your mind constantly can subconsciously make you itch/tingle there. I worried myself so hard I developed a rash, and then I REALLY started worrying! Just don't do that to yourself.
thank you so much badmonkey, I probably am too paranoid and worrying myself sick because I did call her and asked if she had any stds and she told me that she was clean but I don't know if I should really trust her but thanks for the quick response.
For herpes symptoms to show up it usually takes up to 21 days to a month to be on the safe side. But usually with hsv2 90% of people dont know they have it cause at first it doesnt cause serious symptoms. Which hsv2 is passed by vaginal intercourse. If your that scared get tested at three or four months and ask for a igg herpeselect test. Im not really a expert like that but i learned some information on the cdc and ashastd websites and here too. I was scared just like you too. Well just wait for Grace cause she is really a expert with information and studies towards herpes. God Bless You. Hope everything goes fine for you.
thanks elpapichulo I am just curious but because you know so much about my problem, did you have a similar experience? and did anything happen?
your sex you had was protected. no reason for most std testing because of that. as you already stated you figured out the testing you had done was done far too early anyways.

the grinding of the lap dance rubbed your underwear on your sensitive genital skin. That itself can be irritating and cause you itching and discomfort. Try taking a nice soothing soak in the bathtub and throw in some baking soda to soften the water or epsom salts - both are soothing to irritated skin ( and cheap! ).  also whenever you can , go bottomless ( a bathrobe will keep you from scaring people around you ). It helps to reduce friction to your irritated skin as well as gets cool, drying air to your genital area so that if this is the start of jock itch, it'll help with that too.

Really no reason for testing from the protected sex you had unless you get further symptoms.  try not to obsess about it all because as was already pointed out - our  minds can really do a number on us if we let them.

grace