How often outbreaks occur
Hi.
I'd like to know how often outbreaks can occur with genital herpes.
For example, is it possible to experience one outbreak every week, since the first infection (one month and a half before)?
i was diagnosed with genital herpes 6 months ago.My first outbreak lasted about 1 or 2 week ,then i had minor outbreak throughout that month are where it minor itching .I haven't got any other outbreaks or itching sensation ever since.The first 2 months you might experience more outbreaks then throughout the year,i find out that stress really trigger outbreaks,so try not to worry so much about it.If you experience a lot of outbreaks,you should seek a doctor advice,you probably would be taking medicines to prevent them.good luck
Thank you tj09.
So a lot of outbreaks after initial infection are possible? The problem is that these outbreaks might or might not be genital herpes (i've seen two doctors that disagree... and my culture/IgM is negative and as expected IgG negative as it was made 1 month after initial infection).
On average ob's reoccur 4-6 times a year.  

It would be unusual to have had a non-stop ob for 6 weeks.  

grace