Herpes Community
Hsv-1

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Hsv-1

I test positive for HSV-1 IgG HSv-1 4.44 HIGH. I never had cold sore in my life. My question are
1. Is HSV-1 a big deal? the name herpes make it look like a big deal
2. Does Hsv1 look like a single red pimple with white/yellow/clear puss?
3.What are the symptom of hsv1?burning feeling?

most adults have hsv1 orally but only 20-40% of them ever get obvious cold sores to know it.

http://www.ashastd.org/herpes/herpes_learn_oralherpes.cfm  has terrific info on oral herpes for more reading.

if you have a regular partner, they too should be tested for herpes to know their own status.

grace
My penis been itching under the skin I got pimple look red/yellow on my shaft could this be hsv-1 from unprotected oral sex? i tested neg for hsv-2
if you have symptoms, you need to be seen for a proper exam.
i feel a shame im 18 year old young and caught the hsv-1 virus and don't know where the virus at oral or genital. no symptom at all.
HSV is nothing more than a skin condition.  If you have had no symptoms then you can assume that it is oral.  No reason without getting a lesion culture / pcr swab done to show that the symptoms are genital.  Until you have something like that you should assume it is oral.  If you have something genital going on be seen within 24-48hrs for a lesion culture.  

PS Most of us get HSV-1 as kids orally.  Don't worry about it.
well i had a red pimple on shaft about one month ago after receiving oral sex. The pimple was fulled with like yellow/white puss i think. it just one pimple, it doesn't itch or burn in that area, no blister. Does it should like hsv-1 on genital? What are the chance of getting hsv-1 on shaft. just saying even tho if she did have a cold sore and preform oral sex on me should i get it around the penis tip or base? not the shaft. I never had a cold sore on around my mouth. i know it not a big deal but i guilty and a shame.
You have to understand that we aren't going to diagnois you with herpes.  No one here is qualified to do that for you.  Not even our STD Experts will do that.  What we will do is tell you to be seen for a lesion culture as I have told you already.  There is no way you will know just by looking at it that it is herpes.  There is a reason why we run tests and lesion cultures.  It is so we know what we are dealing with.  You have to be seen by a doctor so you can find out what is going on.  Other things cause bumps on the skin.  It isn't just herpes that causes bumps.  
it it possible that hsv-1 could be just a single red pimple with yellow/white puss. i thought herpes are cluster of pimples.
herpes lesions typically are not pus filled. odds are that wasn't hsv1 genitally.

statistically 1 out of every 3 people in your age group has hsv1 orally. It's incredibly common and many of us pick it up before we even set foot into public schools.  Be educated about it, not fearful!
Thank you Grace. I meet new partner just recently I want to tell her that i have hsv-1 and know if she will accept me for this virus before our relationship get too serious. I don't know how to tell her if i have oral or genital. I posted before that i have no cold sore in my lips, had a pimple on genital (shaft) a month before unprotected oral. And you told me that hsv-1 in genitally will not reoccur. So basely i will never find out if i have oral or genital? How i am going tell her if i have oral or genital?
You will need to tell her statistically the chance of your HSV-1 is orally as we mostly get it as a child.  Though you don't remember cold sores.  Maybe ask your parents if they or know of anyone that might get cold sores / fever blisters.  

Regardless the fact is the risk is the same.  Its a low risk for genital and oral locations when you have no symptoms present.  Yes you shed the virus and in what location you don't know.  Chances are its oral.  
I did ask my mom she said i never noticed cold sore or pimples around my mouth. I never kissed a girl in the lips. Is possible that i have the virus with no symptoms at all? Or it could be a false positive? 4.44 is pretty high to be a false positive. I guess that i have it on genital from unprotected  oral sex with a girl( i didn't noticed cold sore on her mouth, maybe the virus sheds)
Again you are jumping to conclusions which can't be drawn.  The chance is its oral.  You have herpes.  What location you won't know until you have a positive lesion culture.  Nothing esle I can say.  It can be from oral sex it could be from kissing a partner it could be from a kiss you got as a child.  There is no way of knowing until you have an outbreak.  

thank you  for your help. I'll just wait until i have a herpes outbreak. I got some questions for you so i can be prepared when i get a outbreak and culture or swab asap. how does oral herpes look like? Are they come in one bumps or couple of them? What color is the fluid? Do they itch or burn, or pain?  
There is no symptom of Herpes that makes it unique when compared to other dermatological symptoms.  The best thing is if you have a sore be seen by your provider.  They are typically fluid filled and they will be painful.  The best thing is to just be seen when you believe you have something going on.  Be seen within 48hrs for a lesion culture.
you might never get obvious cold sores to know that indeed your hsv1 is oral. You have no real reason to suspect it is genital though from what you've posted.

grace
Happy 4th of July everyone.
to grace the only reason i suspect i have a gential (genital) hsv-1 it because i have a pimple with yellow/white puss on my shaft.  I was paranoid when i have it, I never had a pimple on my genital area before, so i though i might gotta it from unprotected oral sex.
Pimples can be just pimple.  There is no proof this was herpes.  If you have symptoms again be seen.  
mistakeguy789, Are the symptoms for hsv-1: pain, itch and burning? And is there constantly pain/itching when herpes sore appear or pain/itching comes and goes?
Why ask these questions why not just be seen when yu have something going on so that you can know if this is herpes related?  Why do you insist on us trying to tell you that this is "pimple" was herpes when you have no proof?  
the pain would be constant for a few days and then go.

typically hsv1 genitally does not present the way you've described your symptoms hence why I've said repeatedly that you really have no reason to think that your hsv1 is genital.
thank you grace. While i had a pimple on my shaft, though it was herpes doesn't itch but hurt a little  when i touch it. It grew big with weird color puss so i pop it ( stupid idea) next day it just look like a small red pimple with no puss(like a small lump) been there  for at least a month so i got a needle and pop it again (another stupid idea). now i have no pimple just something that look like a very small dent where the pimple use too be(look like a small skin is missing). I think it cause i damage my skin by poking it or something. I get pain that go and comes back. I can't see a doctor until my next week. work all week. any ideas?
no reason to think this is hsv1. since it's gone, no reason to be seen about it either.
how do you know when hsv-1 is coming?
Some people feel prodome symptoms of a tingle or an itch in the area of the outbreak.  It may take some time to identify the prodom symptoms.
thank you mistakeguy.. when get the symptoms of hsv-1 is constantly when blister appear or does the pain/itch comes and goes when blister appear.
The pain and itch are always present.
thank very much.. i have a big pimple with yellow puss inside. it doesn't look like a normal zit. it look red around the pimple. does itch sometimes.
forgot to mention in about half inch above my lips.
go and be seen and get it looked at if you are concerned. yellow puss usually isn't herpes related.