Herpes Community
I AM Unhappy With Terri Warren's Response!!!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

i am unhappy with Terri Warren's very limited response to my paid query "Herpes, NGU or Something Else" which I posed October 1st. She did not address my specific questions!

Does she go back and read comments made by those who post after her response?
Tags: Herpes
Hi and yes i believe she does.
Hi, if this helps. Hsv enters the body through ganglias and in the gential (genital) area its called the sacrum ganglia. The ganglia consists of nerve pathways that are though out the lower waist. These nerves lead to the lower spine. When the herpes virus enters the nerve it travels and hides in the lowers spine avoiding antibodies. During breakouts the virus makes its trip back to the surface and can show up as a lesion or simply shed and lay on the surface without any lesion. Which nerve it will travel out or shed is not really known and could be anyone of them. A mans urethra is a tube inside the penis.
I think her answer did address your questions. Yes she did not label them 1, 2..etc but everything you asked was answered from what I see.

But if you have a concern please follow this link and post there a moderator will address your concern.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Improve-MedHelp-Suggestions/show/110
thanks, but your last sentence about the urethra being a tube inside the penis. Are you saying that if my urethra was covered by condom the virus can still manifest as symptoms inside the urethra? And without lesions?  
No the opposite. the ganglion nerves go down to the spine from the surface not from the surface to  the tube. A person can get urethra herpes sores but the direction the virus would come is from the spine ganglion nerve to it.
Also herpes sores in the urethra would be (as one person described) the most pain they ever experienced i their lives. So with out that pain in your urethra you can rule out a open herpes lesion inside your urethra. If you had one , the toxic urine would make it unbearalbe.
Just to be clear. You can have a outbreak inside your urethra and a condom would prevent the virus from entering your urethra.
One more thing: What about herpetic urethritis, not actual herpes sores inside the urethra, just the inflammation. That is my constant problem for 7 weeks now. I am trying to figure out how this happened. I used condoms during intercourse and received oral without condoms but HSV-2 is unlikely from mouth to genitals, so I have been told. I am also longtime HSV-1 infected, so all that would seem to add up to this not being herpetic urethritis, but I think it is since all my other swabs and urine analysis came back negative and I do not have any discharge.

I really appreciate you helping me!