Herpes Community
I Need to Know

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I Need to Know

Ok I known this guy for approx. 5 years and he's just been diagnosed with genital herpes 2 months ago, but have not had any outbreaks yet. Meanwhile the girl that gave it to him has had at least one outbreak already. Well i guess I telling all this because I want to know is it normal to not have a outbreak this long after transmitting it? And also..Can you catch herpes if your partner has genital herpes and they perform oral sex on you??
If someone has genital herpes, they won't transmit their genital herpes infection to you thru oral sex.  

Many folks who are infected with herpes have no idea they have it until tested. I encourage you and your friend to read the herpes handbook at www.westoverheights.com for more info on herpes in general.

grace