Herpes Expert Forum
I am afraid I have Herpes and passed to child...

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Similar story to many of the submitters here. Sunday 06/09 I had protected oral and vaginal sex with a CSW that I met at a hotel bar. It was completely stupid. BTW, I already have told my wife.

Immediately after the event, I felt massive guilt and anxiety. Everything hurt and/or burned -- especially all over my genitalia and thighs. My neck and armpit lymph nodes feel swollen. ~7 days on I developed a straight lesion on the right part of on my inner leg where it meets the genitalia/torso. By this time, I am a complete mess -- physically and mentally.

Of course, after developing the lesion, I went straight to my GP. Here are my questions:

1] My doctor examined the lesion and he said that it does not look like herpes. He said it was too straight and not typical for herpes. We also did not find any other lesions/sores. The lesion hurt and then opened up in a straight line right in the fold.  I keep reading that Herpes needs to be massaged in order to really go and this spot was definitely not massaged during the sex, not sure if she had her hand there during the oral and was rubbing but certainly not during the vaginal.  They drew blood and we are doing all the tests. Either way, it look likes it is healing but I still have slight burning everywhere.  SO, do you still think that the risk was low in this regard to acquiring an STI ala HSV?

2] Also, I have a 4 year old and about three days ago I wiped his bottom with wet wipes - he developed red bumps on his bottom that grew and today are looking to actually be going away. Given I have been inspecting my lesion constantly with my hands/fingers I am freaked out that I gave him herpes.  Is this possible? I did have to rub the feces off with the wipe and I did fold it over to finish so it could have come into contact with something on my finger.  Should I be worried I transferred virus and infected him?

Thank you again for all you guys do.
Let's take one thing at a time:
Your doctor is correct, normally herpes doesn't present as a linear lesion.  Did he swab test the lesion for herpes?  
Also, herpes doesn't present with any symptoms immediately after having sex.  It takes a minimum of a couple of days for symptoms to appear, with the average time being 5.5 days.  
Your four year old son is NOT at risk for acquiring genital herpes from you, if you have it, which it doesnt' sound like you do.  The burning everywhere just doesn't fit with herpes, in my opinion.
Let me know how your tests come out, OK?

Terri
Hey Terri - yes, he did take a swab; waiting to hear results. hopefully it will be negative.... fingers crossed.

Re: son -- this is a relief, i truly thought I gave something to him. Thank you.

In terms of other tests -- no results yet. waiting to hear and will let you know. Thank you again.

You're welcome.  I'll be waiting to hear more.

Terri
OK. First, took my son to the our doctor -- was open with them re: my fears -- turns out it is Folliculitis.  Relieved.

Second, all my test results are back including the swab - HSV2 negative! I need to go back in 3 months for a follow up but things look good.

Thank you for your help!
This is my final comment on my own thread. I am hoping that it reaches a husband, wife, boyfriend or girlfriend who is thinking of cheating on their significant other. No matter what -- don't do it. It destroys you, jeopardizes and damages your family and is a selfish act you will regret. I promise you it is not what you think.

Also, for those guys that are thinking of cheating on their wives -- and this is especially ones that are tempted or solicited by a 'professional' -- I assure you the experience is a disaster. The guilt, remorse, shame you will feel is just the beginning. You will regret it. Believe me... I am living it. I now hope that I can save my marriage and my family -- I truly love my wife and I may lose her -- I hope the damage I have done is somewhat repairable.  SO I pray you will read this before making a choice that will change your life forever.

Thank you and good luck.
I'm so glad things seem just fine right now.  Whew.  
Thanks for your last note.  I"m sure there will be others who can related to your comments.  the reality is that people find this board AFTER they are worried about having contracted an STI, not before.  

Terri