Herpes Community
I am very confused on my herpes results PLEASE HELP ME!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Well i went to take a test on herpes..and my results were on the igg hsv1 5.0 and on hsv2 .34..when the doctor told me my results she said i had genital herpes.but my result on genital herpes was less than 90.and when i saw another dr i asked him about my results and he said i dont have genital herpes that i have herpes simplex..but i am very confused..cause the first dr told me to use condoms..cause i might pass it to my partner..and the other dr said i cannot pass it to my partner sexually transmitted..please help me..cause i am very confused..my bf is too..he test too and he dosent have anything. Do i have genital herpes or not???? HELP PLEASE
Generally type 1 will be an oral infection, but it could be genital as well. Did you have genital symptoms, or cold sores around your lips/mouth?

Either way, if contact is made with your boyfriends mouth or genitals he is at risk. The amount of risk depends on several things though. e.g. kissing him would not give him cold sores if you had a type 1 genital infection.

It's scary at first, but several people have it. Many people don't even know because they do not routinely test for herpes, and some people have no idea cold sores are caused herpes.

Good luck, several other people around here can help if you have any questions
your hsv2 igg is negative. did you have genital symptoms that you were told that it's genital and not oral?

grace
Thank you for your help:) well my boyfriends has had cold sores. and i have too..but no i did not have any genital symptoms...thats why i was very confused..because the dr said that hsv 1 and hsv 2 were both genital herpes..and the other dr only said i had hsv 1 and not genital herpes..
if you have a history of cold sores then you know your hsv1 is oral and not genital.

grace
hi.. i had forgotten to ask...if my test for genital herpes was negative..im confuse why my dr gave me pills to take..they are called ACYCLOVIR...and they are to treat genital herpes..is that going to affect me in anyway???
The pills treat HSV not just genital herpes.  
oh ok...thank you sooo much