I just found out I have herpes. Now what?
So I just got diagnosed within the last 2 weeks with herpes and I am wondering now what?  What does this mean?  I have not found out if it is HSV 1 or 2.  So I just want to be as informed as I possibly can so I can handle the outcome.  

I am married and it was given to me by my adulterous spouse.  But now that he is gone, I am just trying to get my life back in order.  I never thought this could happen to me so I never paid much attention to it.  So here are my questions.

I have never had a break out that I know of but I do shave my genital area and I notice that I get ingrown hairs but I am keeping a close eye on everything happening down there.  Do increased ingrown hairs mean anything?  What sort of symptoms am I looking to get?  When would herpes be passed along?  Is there a time that it is dormant?  I have a child if I give him a kiss on his cheek or forehead is he going to catch anything?  Do I have to start sterilizing my home?  I just need to protect him, my son.

When can herpes be passed?  If I don’t have symptoms how do I know when to not kiss or have sex ( in the far future of course) with anyone?  Can I still have children?  Can I wear thongs? Use tampons? Should I chose scented versus non-scented?  Is my life over?  I’m very ignorant here so please any information you can provide would be helpful.
How were you diagnosed then if you've never had an ob?  

The herpes handbook at www.westoverheights.com is a terrific resource to learn more at. I recommend reading it when you get the chance.

Yes you can still have babies.

Yes you can still use tampons ( always chose nonscented - less risk of vaginitis ).

No your life isn't over.

grace