Herpes Community
I just found out I have herpes. Now what?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I just found out I have herpes. Now what?

So I just got diagnosed within the last 2 weeks with herpes and I am wondering now what?  What does this mean?  I have not found out if it is HSV 1 or 2.  So I just want to be as informed as I possibly can so I can handle the outcome.  

I am married and it was given to me by my adulterous spouse.  But now that he is gone, I am just trying to get my life back in order.  I never thought this could happen to me so I never paid much attention to it.  So here are my questions.

I have never had a break out that I know of but I do shave my genital area and I notice that I get ingrown hairs but I am keeping a close eye on everything happening down there.  Do increased ingrown hairs mean anything?  What sort of symptoms am I looking to get?  When would herpes be passed along?  Is there a time that it is dormant?  I have a child if I give him a kiss on his cheek or forehead is he going to catch anything?  Do I have to start sterilizing my home?  I just need to protect him, my son.

When can herpes be passed?  If I don’t have symptoms how do I know when to not kiss or have sex ( in the far future of course) with anyone?  Can I still have children?  Can I wear thongs? Use tampons? Should I chose scented versus non-scented?  Is my life over?  I’m very ignorant here so please any information you can provide would be helpful.