Herpes Expert Forum
I know what i have isnt herpes or an std. Just want to know whatvit is
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

I know what i have isnt herpes or an std. Just want to know whatvit is

I am 23 years old. I have these sores between my thighs where they rub when i walk. They don't really irritate me anymore but they have never gone away. They sometimes try to spring up other areas but don't linger like the ones between my legs. They normally start out as a red sore or bump and sometimes get very large and sore. I have had them try to form under my armpits before too. They normally pop up under a pubic hair from a pore. I first showed symptoms of these when i was around fifteen years old. I am pretty sure my sister had them too but they were justbunder her armpits. Is there a way to get rid of these without surgery and keep them gone. And what are they?
55646_tn?1263664409
These are not herpes, but they are a skin infection.  You actually describe something quite common, and I'm sure your regular health care provider or better, a dermatologist, could provide treatment for these that will be effective and long lasting.  Please set up an appointment to have this taken care of, I think you've lived with it long enough!

Terri
4 Comments
Blank
Thank you so much terri.
Blank
By the way do you know what causes this to happen besides it just being a skin infection?
Blank
55646_tn?1263664409
Bacteria is likely getting into small breaks in the skin, where is shouldn't be.

Terri
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
55646_tn?1263664409
Terri Warren, RN, Adult Nurse Pr...Blank
Westover Heights Clinic
Portland, OR
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker