Herpes Community
I think I have contracted Herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I think I have contracted Herpes?

Last Friday I have protected sex with a girl and I lick her legs. Two days later the center of my upper lip was redder than normal and swollen a little bit. Then a few hours later four painless blisters appeared together and formed a big blister later. Then soon I squeezed the yellowish pus out carefully and went to sleep. During sleep, I encountered irritation and found it hard to fall in sleep. When I wake up the next day, I feel dizzy and malaise but nothing more. Now the blisters are gone and there is scab instead. The area has been totally painless even now (Tuesday).  

P.S. I had oral sex twice with a girl five or six years ago. I had bleeding gum and sore throat one day or a few days after each sex. But nothing else like blisters and fever.

P.S. Last friday was the first time that I have blisters.

Please help me.

1. Do I have herpes?

2. If yes, is the one on last friday primary outbreak or secondary outbreak?I have read that in the primary outbreak usually the fever or malaise comes one to two days before the blisters appear. Is it true? My case is that blisters come slightly before malaise. Does that mean it is secondary outbreak triggered by flu or similar sickness?

3. If no, what can it be?

4. Is it normal to have painless blisters? Would it be genital herpes instead of oral herpes because there is no pain?

5. I took some medicine for cold and fever and it worked. Does that mean the fever/malaise is not caused by herpes?

Thank you for your help!

It's unfortunate that you weren't seen when you first noticed these blisters for a lesion culture. that would've been much quicker and more accurate answers :(

at this point all you can do is seek out a type specific herpes igg blood test 3 months after the encounter in question.  should you get a return of symptoms before then, be seen promptly.

grace