I want to retest my IGG test
Last week, I went for my yearly pap. I had a bacterial infection. Everything came back negative, except HSV2 with a score of 1.51 which is a low positive. HSV1 was a score of .90 which is negaitve. I have never had an outbreak or anything. I want to get the Western Blot test. I am so scared and sick to my stomach. I have heard of false positives of scores between 1.1 and under 3.5. Someone please help me, I left a message for Terri Warren at Westover Clinic in Portland Oregon. Please help me.
how long prior to your testing had you last had sex?

do you have a regular partner?

grace
I last had unprotected sex on March 3, he did not ejaculate in me, but got nervous and took Plan B. I was tested on March 20. I hadn't had sex in 4 months but it had been with protection. The doc said she never tested me last year. I don't know if I have ever been tested for herpes. Now I don't think I ever want to have sex ever again.
you have to wait at least 4 months after the last time you had sex to seek out a herpes Wb to confirm your status.  

did you cover your other std testing bases at the proper times? you can get tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea and trich after 1 week post encounter. syphilis after 6 weeks. herpes, hiv and hepatitis after 3 months.

have you had your gardasil shots for hpv?

grace
Yes - everything came back negative. I have also taken all my gardasil shots a few years back. I just confirmed that Lab Corp did the Elisa test IGG  on me. Is that the Herpes Select. I'm very confused. Meeting with a new gynecologist on May 2; was not very comfortable with the last one. I think they run their tests with Quest.

Thank you for your help. This has been consuming every aspect of my life and I suffer from enough anxiety as it is.
some of your testing was too early though which was why I listed the proper times to test.

doesn't matter which lab did your testing, you tested too early for herpes and it's too soon to confirm your status for sure at this point.
My next appt is May 2. My last encounter was was March 3. Is that ok ? It's one day shy of 3 months? If it already picked up positive wouldn't that mean I serconverted quickly or it could be from a past infection ?  Or I'm praying its wrong all together.
Grace you have been so helpful. The nurse practitioner I had just told me I had it and sent me on my way with no explanation. She also knew that it wasn't even 3 weeks since my encounter and got annoyed that I was asking questions about Herpes. Well I'm sorry I'm just concerned about my body and health. That why I'm switching doctors.

But you have been great and I'm so thankful for that.
you have to wait a minimum of 3 months just to repeat the testing you had done for herpes. if that is a low positive again, you have to wait at least 4 months to get the WB for herpes.  

that's why I volunteer here - so many myths and misconceptions about herpes that need someone to help others with :)   now if only the cleaning fairies would visit my house....he he he
Now if we all had the cleaning fairies come to our house - lol

But if I get tested on May 2, instead of exactly 3 months which is May 3, is that ok ? It's only one day. Or should I wait ?
a day early is just fine for testing.
Thank You so much
May 3 would only be two months out from March 3 -- (April 3 = one month later; May 3 = two months later). You'd need to wait until early June, unless I'm missing something here.