Herpes Community
IGM titer
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

IGM titer

Is it possible to have a detection of igm titers with an exsisting hsv1 infection???  Is is possble that the IGM results stay elevated or that during active infections the IGM spikes again???  Or does it automatically mean that the infection is a new type II infection???
Thanks, mam281
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/248394  is a terrific former post by HHH that goes into great detail about why the igm test should never, ever, ever be done for the purpose of diagnosing herpes.  

grace
Blank
Thanks for your time.  Any and all references will be helpful at this time.......
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
did you read the link I posted? It answers all of the questions in your post.

grace
Blank
I did read the post and it was very helpful.  Thank you so much.  My only question now is if I should get retested in a month??  I am very curious and feel responsibly I should find out if this is HSV2.  When would be the best time??  How long should I wait to be certain that my IgG for HSV2 would be detected if, in fact, I also have Type2??

Thanks again for all your help.  After having many doors closed in my face and a Dr telling me she just didn't know what to tell me......These forums have been very helpful.
Thanks, mam281  
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
You should get an igg herpes blood test 4 months after the last time you had sex.  don't let them draw the igm EVER again.

Glad you found a place to get better answers at :)  That's why we are here!!

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank