Igg and transmission question
I received my hsv 1 and 2 results. They both came  back positive With hsv1 Igg 5 and hsv2 igg 2.80. 1 yr ago my hsv2 results 1.28 . 1st question even though my hsv2 igg are going up is it still considered low positive and is it possible I'm  negative even though I've had what I assume was a outbreak 1 tiny cut near my anus. 2 separate times. In the last few months only?  My 2nd questions is I've never have had oral outbreak and since my hsv1 Igg  are higher then my hsv2 could that mean I have hsv 1/2 in my genitals? Or does the higher antibodies prevent the oral outbreak and is the higher the Igg/antibodies mean the longer infection exsits, years of build up?  3rd question is along with condom use and during non outbreak times would a uninflected male benifit from rubbing antiviral herb oil ie lemonbalm,garlic or spermicide on the uncovered parts of genitals to kill the infection of they were exposed accidentally? I read the virus is pretty fragil?
your hsv2 igg's are low positives and since you haven't had obvious symptoms to get cultured to confirm your status, you really should seek out confirmatory testing like a herpes WB blood test.  

are you with the same partner as when you were last tested? have they been tested yet to know their status?

grace
No, I'm not. I really don't know who I contacted this from. I actually didn't even realize I had hsv 1/2 a year ago (if not longer) because, I did the test with my yearly physical blood work and no dr told me I was infected. Fast forward a year later doing again my yearly physical the dr said I was infected. So I went back to see my previous years lab work (now that I know what I was looking for) It had 1.28 for hsv2. I find it very hard to believe without out any symptoms or with such mild symptoms that I don't even notice that I have this disease for over a year. I'll look into WB But From  your experience should IGG levels be higher or increase a lot more in a years time? I'm asking because even though I would do anything to find out the correct facts, I can't understand how I would have antibodies to hsv 1/2 in my system and not be actually infected? It's all so confusing. If u could shed a little light on it maybe I could understand. Thank you!
everyone is different but typically your igg would've increased more than it did.  

encourage your provider to read the 2010 cdc herpes guidelines to learn how to handle the low positive results :)

grace