Im scared that I have herpes
a few days ago i realized i had a hard time using the bathroom without my urine burning the area around vaginal area. when i first looked at it, it was red kinda and whelped up after a day or two it started to swell and red open sores appear but i do not remember it being bumps down ther first. now i have flu-like symptoms and my body is hurting somewhat all over. im so scared that it  might be herpes and i know if it is the guy who gave to me will not fest up to it. i have a doctors appointment monday and i will hope for the best, but i will tell you that this makes you think twice, no three, no four times about having unprotected sex with even my husband in my future....just trying to shine a little light on a messed up and horrible situation.
Your symptoms do sound indicative of herpes symptoms, so it's good you're going Monday. Be sure they do a swab/culture of the sores, and not just a blood test. As well, ask that the lab "types" it as well, so if it comes back positive you know if you have HSV1 or HSV2.

Remember, even if your BF did transmit herpes to you, he may not even know that he has it. Of the 1 in 4 women and 1 in 5 men who have genital herpes, 90% don't even know it. At this point, if you are positive, he needs to be tested as well with an IgG type specific blood test.

Outbreaks can be anywhere from mildly uncomfortable to very painful. What can you do for pain relief? Don't hesitate to sit with an ice pack in between your legs too if you need to. Unless you have a medical reason not to - try alternating Tylenol with ibuprofen (Advil/Motrin) for pain relief comparable to some narcotics - ie Tylenol 1000 mg at 6 am, 600 mg Advil at 9, Tylenol at noon, Advil at 3 am etc. Also look for Dermoplast spray (the blue can for the genital area, (not the red can) or another topical anesthetic spray - ask your pharmacist.

Keep the affected area as dry as possible and wear no underwear (if possible) to let the air get at the area. The dryer that you keep the area the faster it will heal. When coming out of the shower use your hair dryer on a lower setting to dry the area so that way you do not have to rub it with a towel.

Apply cornstarch by sprinkling it on to the affected area as cornstarch helps to keep the area dry.

To decrease the itching at night and to get a good nights sleep take Benadryl before bed time to get that good nights sleep.

Finally if going to the bathroom is painful run water over the area, urinate in a tub or shower. All these help to dilute the acid in the urine.

If you have a lesion in an area that is causing a lot of pain and if it is so positioned that by putting a finger or two on it then put some thing on your hand and cover the area by pressing down and covering the area which will make it less painful to go to the bathroom.

To make you feel better as well bath in either Aveeno or Epsom salts to sooth your aching body.
you can also lube your bottom up with vasoline all over it...it coats everything so when you go pee it dosent burn..that is what i have to do