Herpes Community
Infected pubic hair or herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Infected pubic hair or herpes?

Dr,
I have developed some red spots in my pubic hair and becoming very worried.  It is most likely paranoia and me just getting worked up, but i wanted to ask your opinion.  I shaved my pubic hair recently.  I have had a boil like bump near the middle to top of my pubic hair.  It has a black dot (looks like a hair coming out of it).  I also have another spot towards the top of my pubic hair on the other side that is flat and looks like dry skin that is a little red and irritated.  I had unprotected sex about 2 months ago with a partner i believe to be clean and 1 time protected sex with an unknown partner around 3 weeks ago.  Does this sound like folliculitis or herpes.  I have no other symptoms. h

Thanks so much for your response.
This isn't the doctor's forum - you have to pay to post there.

You need to go be seen and have these looked at. They sound like you have folliculitis and probably some ingrown hairs going on but it's best to be properly examined by a professional.

grace
I have a red bump in my pubic hair only a single bump but it's been there for a while it doesn't hurt an has no puss only blood if i squeeze it...should I be worried