Ingrown Hair or Herpes
So I have had unprotected sex with my girlfriend multiple times over the last month or so, and sure assured me she was clean, however neither of us had been tested prior. I noticed a small reddish bump on the base of the shaft of my penis, and am not sure whether it is herpes or an ingrown hair. It does not hurt to pee, nor does it hurt to touch. I tried to pop it at first, and a little blood/ puss came out originally (about 4 days ago) but nothing since, because I have not touched it much. It seems to have gotten slightly smaller, however it is still red and raised. There seems to be no other spots such as this one, there are a couple smaller bumps near it however they seem to be hairs and are not red or swollen. I am very nervous that this is an STD such as herpes, but it seems like it might only be an ingrown hair because it does not hurt and I seem to have no other bumps or sores anywhere. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! I will be going to the doctor soon however I wanted to see if anyone could tell me whether it is only an ingrown hair first. Thanks!!
going to be seen is the best thing to do :)

this doesn't really sound like it's herpes going on.

why don't you and your partner both seek out full std testing that includes herpes igg blood testing to properly cover your bases?

grace
Grace,

Thank you! I am planning on getting tested soon, however I was hoping you might be able to answer a couple more questions. The bump has gotten slightly smaller, and still does not hurt or irritate me. There seems to be like 1 or 2 small bumps near it, that are very small and slightly red, however they seem to be on, or right next to some hairs. Would the razor from the last time I shaved (before I spotted the larger bump) have contributed to these smaller bumps? I believe it might be razor burn or something similar, however I am not sure. Thank you for your time.
shaving your genital area can cause all sorts of rashes. following up on this and both of you getting the testing will help give you better answers for now and also in the future for when rashes appear :)