Ingrown hair or herpes blister?
I got this red bump on my pubic area about the size of a candy button maybe a week and a half ago, and I was really concerned about whether or not it could be a sign of herpes.  There was no itching or burning associated with it, and it hadn't popped or scabbed over like I hear herpes sores are supposed to do.  Now, this morning I pulled out a hair from underneath the skin of the reddened area with my fingernails (I know, really stupid thing to do) and aside from a little bit of bleeding, there was a very small amount of clear liquid that came with the hair.  There was no pus or yellow fluid that came out with it.  

I got a blood test a year ago that tested positive for HSV-1, and I have had one cold sore on my mouth since then, and it was nothing like what I have on my pubic area.  Still, I don't want to be taking any chances with my body.  Does the fact that I physically saw and removed a hair form under the region verify 100% that this was an ingrown hair, or could it also be a herpes blister that was on top of an ingrown hair site.

Thank you for any answers and/or advice you'd be willing to share!
Doesnt sound like herpes. Herpes typicaly has painful, itchy sores, kinda like what you may have expereienced on your mouth.  How were you tested for HSV1 and why? Have you had any unprotected encounters that cause you concern?
No unprotected encounters, although a former partner of mine contracted HSV1 in her genital area.  After that, I got a blood test which tested positive for HSV1.  My main concern with this case is that the area will randomly itch.  I checked back on it about a minute ago, and it doesn't look like it's scabbing or weeping.  It looks exactly like this: http://www.waxtips.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Ingrown-Hair.jpg

Before I removed the hair, it was just a reddish lump, with a faintly visible, curled hair underneath.  I tried popping it a few times (stupid idea again, I know), but it wouldn't burst.
Well its not a surprise you tested postive for HSV1. Like 90% of the US population has it. That doesnt look like a herpes sore, but stop messing with it becuase it will just infected and uglier!! A herpes sore is like the worst mosquito bite ever. Thats the best way I can describe the feeling.  Did you get tested for HSV2 too a year ago? HSV1 doesnt typically recurr in the genital region and vice versa. It can, but not typical.
you have a history of cold sores so you already know your hsv1 is oral. no reason to think it's genital.

this sounds more like an ingrown hair than anything.

follow up properly on it if it reoccurs or gets worse.

grace
Thanks for the quick responses!  I did get tested for HSV2, which came up as a negative.  It seems to be healing with some neosporin, which is a relief.