Herpes Community
Initial outbreak ???

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Initial outbreak ???

Is it possible to have an initial outbreak 10 months after possie infection?
I had both unprotected vaginal ( condom broke I didn't realize until after) and oral sex 10 months ago with a girl I met at a bar. The next day I had an itchy, burning sensation on my penis and scrotum. It has burned and it bed every day since. Also a frequent sore throat. There havent been any marking on my penis or my mouth. However 4 days ago I came down felt ill and think I have strep throat. I have been coughing up a lot of infected mucus and have felt fatigued. As I slept the infected mucus drained out of my mouth and onto the side of my lips and face. The next day small blister like markings appeared. Could these marking be caused by the infected mucus or could it be herpes?
have you ever been tested for herpes before?

did you follow up with proper std testing at the proper times after your condom broke?

sounds more like irritation more than anything at this point on your mouth.

grace
Thanks Grace for your response. No I haven't been tested for herpes, although I have been tested for other STI's ( ghonorhea, chlymidia and syphilis) also tested for hepatitis and hiv. Tested out to 9 1/2 months for hiv. All results came back neg.  the burning / itching feeling in my scrotum and penis has been there for 9 1/2 months. Would herpes symptoms last this long? If not what could it be?
burning and itching on the scrotum is typically jock itch aka fungal infection, not herpes. also herpes symptoms would've cleared up on their own even without treatment within a few weeks.

Why not seek out a type specific herpes igg blood test to know your status and be sexually responsible?

I did inquire about a blood test, but the doctor told me that the only way to tell if I had her pies was to do a swab test of open sores. I haven't had any sores.
your provider is mistaken.

there is an entire chapter on how to test for herpes in the free handbook we recommend in our read before posting post on the forum.
make peace of mind do the test
HSV 1 igG
HSV 2 igG

test will not lie..

good luck
Does it sound like herpes to you?
Grace,
Where is the link to the  free handbook that you mentioned. I would like to read it.  
A follow up to my ongoing ordeal...last night I coated my scrotum and penis with hydrocortisone cream and it seemed to have taken the majority of the itch and burning away, but it is back again today. From what I have read online, hydrocortisone cream would have been ineffective had it been herpes. Is my understanding of this correct? Your reply is greatly appreciated.
it's not that it's ineffective on herpes. it can initially make herpes clear up but then tends to trigger it to be active again. they actually use steroids to trigger herpes recurrences in lab animals for studies.