Herpes Community
Insurance Related

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Insurance Related

I recently had an outbreak and have been treated for herpes. I am awaiting official test results from my doctor. I currently have an individual health insurance plan. I was wondering if my insurance company can drop me? Thanks in advance for any info regarding insurance and herpes.

Weezyjan
The reason you took out an Individual Health Plan was to cover you in the event of you becoming unwell they cannot drop you now simply because you have contracted a very common skin condition what would be the point in having an Insurance Plan in the first place if it means they will not give the financial help required if and when something goes wrong,that is the reason you took out the Protection to ensure that if you needed Meds in the future your Health Plan was in place to help pay for that ...... Insurance Companies always hope their Clients stay healthy but that is not always the case and and they have to keep their side of the deal .......
So long as you told the truth about your health at the time of taking the Plan in that you have no life threatening health issues they cannot back out of the agreement as soon as you need help to pay for Medication if and when you are unwell.

Daisy

Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking the time to post your response.

Weezyjan