Irritated clitoris
Diagnosed with two bacterial infections since December. Last culture done 3 weeks ago came back negative but still have "twitching" going on down there and clitoris is still irritated. Not constant but still annoying. I am still concerned this could be herpes. Was exposed ( one time) to asymptomatic partner. 3 blood tests, all negative and other STD tests negative. Just do not understand why things are not back to normal down there. Can herpes affect the clitoris? No sores ever broke out, just irritation. Anyone know what this could be?
Still praying with all my might that this is not herpes. I am going to ask my doctor about the oral and vaginal Flagyl and taking Fem dophilis. Hoping she is willing to try. I have an appointment with a vaginal specialist but they can't get me in until the end of May.   Thank you again for everything , this forum is addicting.
Hi Grace, I know you are enjoying your kids now, so gals for you. It is now 10 days since I took the last antibiotic for the bacteria infection. I started taking Ultimate Flora " supplement son Sunday. I still have a tender pink area at vaginal entrance. Is this normal? The burning is better, not completely gone and still have some tingling and twitching now and again. Clitoris is better, not 100%. I just need to know if BV symptoms continue this long after finishing meds or could this still possibly be herpes? Down to a little over a week for next herpes test. I am a nervous wreck.... Or maybe BV not gone?    Thank you so much
I was at the doctor last week, bacteria test came back negative. They also tested for yeast, trich, strep, staph and culture for herpes. ( I did a home remedy that caused bright red marks on inner labia) that is why she cultured for herpes. All came back negative. They want me to come back next week for another bacterial culture. Here is my question. I am getting one more herpes blood test and would like to have the results for visit next week. Terry's recommendation was to get at 16 weeks which will be Monday the 25th. If I go this Friday ( a few days early) would that make a difference? The doctor feels there could be an underlying cause as to why I still have the constant irritation and I would like to have the final results on the herpes when I go back. Thank you and I hope you had a great time with your kids!
I can sympathize with your seemingly never-ending journey! I hope that you get the answers you need soon.

I'm not an expert, but I've seen Terri answer in the past that a few days shouldn't make a difference one way or the other.
Thank you, I thought so but just wanted to be sure
Can you just confirm your thoughts on going for the test a few days early? I really value your advice. Thank you
I'm afraid to ask why you tried a home remedy after all the issues you've had going on.

testing now is fine.
Thank you for answering, you are truly a godsend! So after this test, 4th one at 15.5 weeks, if negative I can be confident it's not herpes?  I tried the home remedy because I cannot stand this constant irritation down there. The doctor is telling me the bacteria should not be causing the irritation and I am desperate for relief . I have this dime size red irritated spot right below the vaginal entrance that is sore and still burns occasionally. Also, where labia descends towards rectum, that is tender as well. Any ideas?  Still have occasional "itch" at clitoris also. If not from the bacteria what else could this be? Other std's. we're negative.
even if you did have herpes, all your symptoms are pointing to something non-herpes. make sense?

they should probably biopsy that spot at this point.  

many things can cause irritation. you've irritated your skin a lot with everything you were using and it will take time for it to heal.  if it's not better in another month, definitely need a specialist.  
Thank you. , I will suggest that. I will let you know the results. You have been so kind. It really helps to talk this out with someone who knows and takes the time.
Got results back, came back as equivocal, at 1.08. Last three were all negative at less then .91. They flagged at high. What do you suggest?
how many weeks was the test post encounter?
15.5 weeks and again, never any sores or blister. Just this constant redness and the itchy, irritated clitoris on and off.
Also, I had the 3 bacterial infections. I called the doctor, they said this result could just be the test is inconclusive. They mentioned that I did have the swab test on irritated area which came back negative as well. I just need to know if you think I need another retest. I feel like I am going to go insane worrying about this.  Thank you so much
Read a lot today on atypical herpes symptoms and it really sounds like I could have it. Due to this last test result of 1.08 equivocal I feel convinced. I read where it can cause symptoms like vaginitis. Have you heard this?  This test was at just about 16 weeks. If it is herpes, how should it be treated? I need to get rid of the constant irritation. Also, if you don't get classic symptoms how do you know when your contagious? Could the herpes be causing the BV not to heal? Again, your thoughts on another test? I do have hsv1 since childhood so that could have delayed ... Thank you again for your advice
if enough time has passed, equivocal is negative.

honestly it's not likely at all that this is a herpes issue.  I wouldn't bother with more blood testing. be seen every time you have symptoms . if they suspect herpes, they should be doing lesion cultures, not blood testing at this point.
Do you think 16 weeks with equivocal is enough time? I am sorry to keep coming back with more questions but this is so confusing. You can read so much that contradicts something else you read. It does seem hard to believe but I know not impossible that this would happen from one time exposure and I just have it in my mind this is herpes.  Thank you again
This is perplexing. I went to the doctor today for a follow up and some of the things she said about herpes contradict things I have read. She said it is easier for a woman to pass to a man than a man to a woman. Also that you cannot contract unless the person has sores present. She also said IGM testing sho be done as well as IGM. I mentioned viral shedding and she said very hard to contract from that. When I mentioned my 3 negative tests and then the last one as equivocal she found that strange and to me to retest in a month but her thoughts were the same as yours, that this is not herpes, she said I would have had sores by now. I asked her about being asymptomatic and she said she has heard of that so what confuses me is if people have herpes and are asymptomatic then could I be one of those people? Why do you think I would have sores by now if I had it? I wonder how well versed gynocologists are on herpes. I feel like the people that help on this site are very knowledgeable and opinions are the same . Why wouldn't gyno's have the latest information. So to sum up my last few questions:  1, do you think 16 weeks is enough time to test truly positive or should I red test in a month? 2, why should I have sores by now
unfortunately they don't get a whole heck of a lot of training on herpes at all in med school :(  your provider sounds especially under educated :(  

I would never, ever give you erroneous info here. might give ya a lot of typos in my replies but always sound medical information :)

no more testing!!
I see some of my questions got cut off. I am curious if people are asymptomatic and never have an OB', couldn't I be one of them? Why do you think I would have sores by now? Also, the itchiness on my clitoris, could that be related to herpes and also these red, sore vestibules at the vaginal entrance? She would not do another bacteria test, she said she saw no sign of infection and nothing looked swollen. I thought that could be what my clitoris itched from. Sometimes this soreness at the vaginal entrance feels like it is giving me pain down my leg. Is that something to worry about? Thanks again, you're the best!
Checking on last post? Thank you
I do apologize, I was not thinking about it being a holiday weekend when I posted my last request. I hope you had a nice Easter.
I was planning on being around more than I was. spontaneous time in the kitchen the last few days....lol  

really no reason at all to think this is herpes related.  you have tested consistently negative for herpes.  you have constant symptoms which isn't typical for herpes either.  far more likely something else going on.  Could be related to irritation that just needs more time to heal, your UC or many other things. I think you can cross herpes off the list of suspects at this point.
Thank you again, you are truly a god send.Sometimes I think back to the first sign of irritation after the encounter and I wonder if the small tear the doctor found was an outbreak of herpes. Have you ever heard of this? I know when I googled tear at vaginal entrance, herpes comes up as an option.  Going to 3rd doctor tomorrow for another opion. 3rd times a charm, right?
Hoping this one knows more about herpes and can offer insite along with maybe some other diagnosis. I used the steroid ointment this weekend and it was bright red and more irritated the before. Of course tomorrow when I go to the doctor it will look better....
Hope you had a great Easter!
herpes comes up as an option for anything in your genital area ....lol  It's part of what scares folks so much and makes them hang on to the idea of herpes as a cause for so long :(  

topical steroids can be irritating to our delicate genital area- especially when it's already irritated. in theory you would use them for days to that the irritation would be soothed though if it makes things worse/more painful, by all means time to stop and consider something else.  
Thank you again, I will not use until I see the doc tomorrow. I feel like I know you personally as you and Terry are more educated and care more than doctors do. This site is so helpful!
that's why we do this :)   besides, we can stay on pj's while we do it....he he he
Hi, I read on one of the posts that the test code for the Western Blot is 34534, is that still correct? When I go to Quests site this code does not come up and when I type in WB it shows for Lyme disease and HIV, not herpes. I just want to look into this, might decide to do for confirmation. Thank you
quest no longer offers the WB for herpes.

you really need to move past the idea of having herpes - not worth worrying about it at this point!  honestly I recommend turning off the computer and stop reading about herpes and moving forward.
I know your right but everyday I wake up and my area feeling not right. Was at the doctor Tuesday, they did more cultures and also a biopsy on the irritated area, so now I await those results. Yesterday my "C" area was very itchy and irritable which I had thought was from the BV. The doc did a culture for that but said she did not think I had it. It is hard  to let go especially when that gets annoying, it is such a strange feeling. I never had any problems down there before this encounter, just feel like it has to be related to that. Cannot get into a specialist until the  end of May. Almost 2 more months of suffering. I do appreciate all your advice. You really are truly wonderful for helping us lost souls who need help.
once the delicate skin is irritated, everything can cause it to be more irritated :(  when you can, wear loose clothing. at home, a nighty with no underwear can help too.
Yep, have been. Changed to all white cotton undies. No panties at night and just using the shower head to cleanse, no soap. What are your thoughts on ph balance wash? Trying everything I can. Just wearing skirts and stretch pants( I want my jeans back!). Still using my estrogen cream also, nothing working!
breaking out the grammy panties - sexy....he he he  
Tell me about it, I am in my 40's but not ready for white cotton undies yet. Letting you know, just got my results. All cultures negative, herpes too. Even though no lesions they still cultured the sore area.  Biopsy negative for cancer but they found Lichen Schlrosus. Yeah, finally some diagnosis. They are prescribing me Westcort steroid cream. I just got a steroid ointment that was too strong last week but she says this is milder. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Hope this works for my "C" area too! Thank you again for all your advice and support. This is the best forum ever!
I've been wearing uniforms so long, I'm used to the white cotton . You can see right through those suckers when you bend over....lol  Ain't nothing sexy about me any more so I hate to traumatize people by making them see any more of me than they have to....he he he  

if the topical steroids for lichens cause too much irritation, there are other options too.  best of luck getting things calmed down down yonder and STOP THINKING HERPES!!!  
Once again, just wanted to say thank you for everything. Your advice and support are such a tremendous help. You keep us worriers sane...
:)
I know your expertise is herpes but you seem to know a lot about problems down yonder. What are some of the other options to use for Lichen Sclerosus just in case this steroid cream is too strong? I think this might be what is bothering my clitoris also. Thank you
Hi, checking on my last post. Also, today I have had a few pains on the right side of my vagina. Feels like the pain is internal and sometimes goes into my leg. Could this be from the LS? I think the irritation and redness looks better but I still have an open wound where they did the biopsy so i can't get a good look. My "c " has been better but still occasionally itchy. Can that be from the LS? Also, still curious, if you get herpes in the clitoris, how does that act? Can it cause itching, no blister but a small pimple like appearance that is there once or twice a day? Sites state herpes can be in the clitoris but do not advise what the symptoms would be. Thank you
LS is very painful sometimes. give the steroids time to make it better. It won't happen over night unfortunately :(

you really need to wipe herpes off your brain dear.  you know what is going on down yonder to be causing your symptoms.  
Sorry, I just wonder what this is bothering my "c". I am getting the Western blot today. It still scares me when I read you can get herpes in the clitoris. Since I do not know how that would act I still wonder if that is what is bothering it. I really just want it to be "LS" but I need confirmation. Still concerned about that last equivocal test. What are my odds of contracting from one time exposure to asymptomatic partner? I have no luck when it comes to winning anything but I bet with low odds of contracting herpes, I got it.... You are the best. Can't thank you enough for your help.
the lichens is doing that. it's itchy and painful depending on what stage its in. not treat it and it will do incredibly awful things to your genital area too :(  
I was hoping you would say that. When I asked the doctor she said she never heard of LS affecting the clitoris. Just had the blood drawn for WB so will know for sure in a few weeks. I pray you have been right all along. Maybe my other symptoms are in my head. Can you just give me my odd of contracting? I thought I read about 10% for one time. Again, thank you for everything
Wanted to thank you again for all your help, you were a savior to me and many others with your advice. Letting you know I got the results today for WB and they were negative for HSV2. I cried with relief. Now I will focus on getting my LS under control. You are truly a god send. God bless you
You seem to help so many  people, so I'm hoping you can help me.  Where does your experience with herpes come from?  Have you heard of this "Biogetica" company and their treatment for herpes?  Does it really work?  
That is awesome news about your test results. Congratulations, it must be such a nice feeling of relief. All the best with everything else.
Thank you, I feel such a weight off my shoulders. I cried when I heard the news, tears if joy. How are you doing? Hope things are better for you .                 Understed3, not sure who you were asking that question to but I do not know anything about "Biogetica."
glad you finally got the results you evidently needed to see to finally believe everything you've been told :)

now move forward from herpes!!!!
I am and will. I know you were right but it was just so strange that this all started after this one time encounter with someone who is HSV2 positive. But believe me, I am glad you were right and I was wrong. Thanks again and take care
Thanks for updating! There are so many posts on here that are "cliff hangers"