Is it Shingles
I have a pain in my ribs and my Dr. thinks it is shingles. It is severe, in a band on my ribs, there was no trauma to cause the pain, I have never had this kind of pain in this area before and I had a very bad headache just before.

The strange part is that it has been going in for two weeks and I do not have a rash. It is also positional in that if I am walking around or sitting with perfect posture the pain is almost completely gone. If I slouch, stand still or lie down the pain steadily increases until it is excruciating. I have let it get up to 8 on the pain scale before having to move to relieve the pain.(Considering that for me a 10 is gallstones or kidney stones, 8 is pretty high) Any movement relieves and it start building again if I stop moving. I am having a very hard time getting rest.

Any ideas?
no rash means it could be many things but the risk of it being shingles is small. I suggest a 2nd opinion elsewhere.

grace