Is it herpangina again?
About 2 weeks ago, my 10 month old began breaking out in slightly raised red spots all down her legs and arms. I brought her to the dr and he said it was herpangina. Her throat was red and had an ulcer. After a few days, the spots went away. I just noticed red spots appearing again! This time, it's accompanied with loose bowels. After 2 days, they are fading. Do you think it's herpangina again? What is causing it? No one has herpes in our house or mouth sores. She does go to a caretaker. In fact, the caretaker thinks she got it from another child last time. I understand herpangina is rampant in late summer?
herpangina is thought to be caused by coxsackie viruses. it's not typical for rashes on the arms and legs to be present during it.

I encourage you to take her back to her pediatrician. If they say it's still herpangina, I encourage a 2nd opinion at a different provider if you can.

even though the name has herpes in it, herpangina isn't a herpes virus infection.

grace