Is it herpes
I had a sore on my vagina 2 weeks ago. It only lasted for about 5 days. I am now regretting that i did not went to my doc to check it out. It was just one sore and a bit painful. Could this be herpes? Since i had my baby in 2008 i have not had unprotected sex with my partner, i always used a condom. I have been with my partner for 16 yrs. While he was overseas  for 2 yrs i was involved with some one, at first we used condom, a couple of times we had unprotected sex. It is now about ten years, since it happened with this person. During the ten yrs this is the first time i am having this symptom, i wonder if it is herpes, if i had contracted it from him, wouldn't i had symptoms before. I am very concern. I want to do a test for herpes, to see it i have ever contracted any of the herpes virus. I have tested for hiv, syphillis, gonorrhea, all negative, but i have never tested for herpes. Doctor please could u give me some advice.
This isn't the doctor's forum; you have to pay to post there.

At this point the best thing to do is for both you and your partner to be tested for herpes with an IgG type specific blood test. Realize though that even if one or both of you is positive (realize that the majority of adults have HSV1 as oral herpes), you really have no way of knowing when/where it was acquired if you've each had other partners prior.

As well, if you become symptomatic again, best to be seen as you know.