Herpes Community
Is it just chapped lips or cold sore?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Is it just chapped lips or cold sore?

For the last month or so, I have been getting really chapped lips. I thought it was just because of weather changes, but then I found out the symptons were a lot like mouth herpes. About two weeks my lips got chapped, especially on the top of my lip. It was really painful like chapped lips and then got flakey and blistery. I have the same thing now except on my bottom lip. I have been messing with the sking and pealing it since it has got crusty and I was thinking it might be herpes. It doesn't feel like it has pus in it or anything like that. It just looks like a blister. Help please! Chapped lips or herpes?
this sounds like chapped lips. if you need peace of mind, see your provider.

are you putting a decent lip moisturizer on them regularly?

grace
So, I just got head, fingered and made out with this girl, and I know for a fact she has had a lot of sex with guys and girls. I'm freaking out I know the most likely thing I could contract if anything is herpes. All I did was finger her and I tried to make sure I didn't touch any other part of my body with that hand, but I may have if so is that bad? And what is the likely hood of me getting herpes from her giving me oral? She told me she also is a blood doner I don't know if that matters or anthing...I'm paranoid already and it's way to early for me to get any symptoms.
This is a low risk situation.  Oral sex would have given you genital herpes if anything and the fingering holds no bearing on anything.  Making out if she had herpes could have given you oral herpes.  Chances are this is chapped lips like grace said.  See your provider for a proper work up but I think you will find you are over working this in your head.  
Okay, so even if she did have herpes, it isn't likely I will get it is what you are saying?
the skin on your fingers is too thick for the virus to easily penetrate. you won't get genital herpes from kissing someone. this really was a no risk for you.  

grace