Herpes Community
Is the Herpes Select Test Accurate?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Is the Herpes Select Test Accurate?

I was diagnosed with Genital Herpes 25 years ago; however I have not had any outbreaks since.  I am aware that I can be asymptomatic, but still carry the virus.  I decided to go ahead and get the Herpes Select Test in hopes this test would give me an accurate, beyond doubt, conclusion if in fact I was diagnosed correctly years ago.

Can you tell me if this test will accurately confirm either that I still have the Herpes Virus and was in fact diagnosed correctly, or by some great miracle come back with negative results for HSV1 and HSV2 and conclude I was misdiagnosed.  At the time I also had Genital Warts which I understand can occur simultaneously with Herpes.

Thank you for your response.
Yes, it will be accurate. Depending on the numbers, you may need retesting, but post the numeric scores here when you get them and grace or somebody else can help you interpret them.