Herpes Community
Is this Herpes or HPV or nothing?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Is this Herpes or HPV or nothing?

I noticed that something was kinda sore in my vagina region.. When i checked it out I seen one small white bump almost like a hard blister. I tried to squeeze it but it was hurting and under the white bump in my skin it felt almost like a small lump. So I left it alone. I just recently had been sexually active with a new partner. This happened about 3 weeks after we had intercourse. He says he doesn't have anything when I asked him about this. I know I didn't have anything because I have a 5 months old baby and get tested often. The bump just went away after 4 days. To see the bump you would have to pull the outer lip of my vagina and then it was in the crease. Today was the 4th day and when I went to look at it this morning it was busted and I had to remove the white puss. What could this be???? Could it be nothing or does it definetly have to be something since it was in that region??? I am so scared Please help me... I can't go to the doctor till Tuesday and I can't eat or anything!!!
Could be many things, so you need to get checked. It does not sound like HPV though because warts don't go away in a short amount of time like 4 days, they also don't have any puss inside them, they are just fleshy bumps.

It sounds more like herpes, but that's not a definite obviously, it could be something completely harmless like irritation.
hopefully it is just irritation... but do you think that could really be it since it was only one bump??
when you were pregnant, odds are you weren't tested for herpes. odds are your new partner has never been tested for herpes either.

this could be many things going on but honestly it doesn't sound like herpes. sounds more like something else going on and now that it's popped and on its way to healing, not likely you'll get accurate answers as to what it was. should it reoccur, be seen promptly.

Talk to your partner about what testing they've had done and discuss both of you going for screening for herpes and other std's.

grace
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers