Herpes Community
Is this Herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Is this Herpes?

Experiences:
I recently have begun having sex with a regular partner (about 45 days ago), she is supposedly clean. I have also had sex with one other girl (about 30 days ago) also tested recently. The regular partner has also been sick (so was her mother so I am fairly certain it was a legitimate flu).

Symptoms:
Approx 2.5 weeks ago - Original pain around head of penis as well as inside the tip.
Approx 2    weeks ago - pain around head subsided, pain in tip intensified.
Approx 1.5 weeks ago - pain in tip became a dull ache, perhaps tingling feeling.
Approx 1    week ago  -  pain in lower portions of torso and groin.
Approx .5   weeks ago - pain in groin area, pressure in lower abdomen, headache, nausea.

Currently - slight pain/tenderness in tip of penis, some pain around groin glands, pressure in abdomen, some pain in upper legs, perhaps a slight pain in my back. slight burning during urination, as well as dehydration. heat or perhaps slight burning sensation near testicles, and anus. tender testicles. No blisters.

Does this sound like herpes?

have you been seen yet and had this looked at?

did you and your partner get full std testing prior to starting to have sex? since herpes isn't a part of routine std testing, have you checked to see if you were both tested or not?

grace
She supposedly got tested 9 months ago and has not had a partner other than me since then. I do not know when the second female was last tested, but they are friends (it was a threesome) and the former girl vouches for the second (not that that is any way definitive). I did not ask directly if herpes was part of the test, but I believe it may have been, she seems rather informed.

I just got tested on friday, and am waiting on the results, chlamydia and gonorrhea were negative, waiting on results from herpes, with the other two negative, I am increasingly worried.
did they also test you for ngu? how about a manual exam of your prostate?

Since I do not know what NGU is, im gonna say no : (

And no manual exam.

I was tested for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HIV, HSV-1, and HSV-2, and that is all to the best of my knowledge.
ngu is urethritis - kind of like an uti. it's an urine test.  

I'd get that prostate checked out at this point. had you been seen for an exam or just ordered std testing only?
What would prostate check. Also I am 27 if that helps.

And new development.

I just got my results. Positive for HSV-1, negative for HSV-2.

I know that one can receive a false negative for HSV-2, does that sound like the case here?

Also, Thank you so much for talking with me Grace. I have noticed all the posts you have made, I think you are doing a great thing.
even though your testing was done far too early, you haven't had any symptoms suggestive of genital herpes so I wouldn't bother repeating it at this point.

see your provider again .  make sure they do the ole finger up the bum to check your prostate too.

grace