Herpes Community
Is this Herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Is this Herpes?

Before I start, I went to get a STD check Tuesday and the walk-in clinic was pathetic. She saw that the blisters were dried up and wouldn't even try to get a swab of it.

This weekend away on a camping trip I was taking a pee and noticed two open sores on my penis, one right at the base and one just under the head, nothing major about the size of the letter "o" on this screen. I thought nothing of it, they were dry, no discharge. This was on Saturday I believe. I got home Monday and masturbated and within a couple hours one of the bumps was surrounded in tiny little blisters, no pain, no excessive redness, no itch. The blisters are at the bottom of the penis and a small patch right at on the pubic area where the penis meats the pubic area.

It is almost like the penis bent upwards and the shaft blisters touched the pubic area and spread it. The blisters are pretty much healed now, just tiny little black specks now. The open sores (almost like craters) never really scabbed over, just a hard surface. The sore at the top of the penis has almost fully healed over.

My original thought was maybe it was poison ivy from camping and maybe i went pee and put it on my penis and masturbating spread it from the sore outward.

Another theory I have is that maybe its some sort of other problem since i wore tight jean shorts and the same boxers all weekend in the baking hot sun HAHAHA

I have been sexually active with many women, the last one was about a week ago, Im almost positive she does not have it, the other one was a couple days before that, and the one before that, maybe a month ago (she is my concern)
definitely not poison ivy. did you use condoms when you were with those women?
the blisters healing and becoming black specks does sound like it could be herpes... best to not have sex for 3-4 months and get the herpeselect igg for type 2?
actually it's doubtful these were herpes from your description of them.

even if you do use condoms, herpes , syphilis and hpv are still a risk. since you just had sex a week ago, you have to wait at least 6 weeks for syphilis testing and 3 months for herpes testing.

the provider who refused to waste your money and cause you pain to try to swab lesions with healing scabs was absolutely spot on too!

grace
I am a male and no I did not use condoms.

I feel it is poison ivy because this morning I just had a couple more little blisters on the pubic area come out.
be seen . more likely a fungal infection or a folliculitis.
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers