Herpes Expert Forum
Is this herpes ?

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Is this herpes ?

Hi and thank you.

Back in 6/7/2013 i had a brief unprotected exposure i receive oral and very brief vaginal contact, next day i started itching and became very worried ( anxiety ) aprox 3 to 4 weeks later i had some type of flu like symptoms but very very mild, i may have had some chills very mild too, the itching continued for over a month never showing any blisters or sore no bumps ( itched in my genital area, thighs, buttocks ) was not sleeping well iether.
Back lower pain developed to left side only as well and i still have it today almost gone by now i can only slightly feel it, also pain to my right testicule developed after 30 days from exposure it went away and came back a week after lasted one or two days and it is gone now.
I tested for STD's after 32 days al came back negative

I have had this headache for almost a month now along with some nausea for the past 9 days
It has been 7 weeks since exposure.
Again no blisters, no sores anxiety is going down a little and all " the symptoms" seem to be going away as time goes by. Please advice. I plan to re-test at 8 weeks.
Could all this be anxiety and being nervous ?

Hsv1 igm was negative
Hsv1 igg was positive >5

Hsv2 igm was negative
Hsv2 igg was negative < 0.20

This does NOT sound anything like herpes to me.  One reason I say that is because you have no skin symptoms but also because they started so late after the encounter.  IF people are going to develop symptoms with first infection, they normally do so within 2-10 days.  

Good that you have this baseline antibody test result so you can compare this with later testing.  If you are going to test again, you can do it at 8 weeks, but one done at 16 weeks is more accurate.

Also, testicular pain and nausea have nothing to do with herpes.

Terri
Could all this be anxiety ? the brain is so powerfull that can i actually make us think we have something when we do not, even physical symptoms ?  I never had those kind of " symptoms" in my life i'm still wondering where the headache, testicular pain and nausea came from.... I guess after being so worried everyday for the past 7 weeks we can feel like that. As far as STD testing i did it after 32 days, blood was taken for the test. That is good enough ?
And HIV testing after 45 days which i understand is accurate from what i have read here and the Dr's comments right ?

Everything started after the encounter.... Makes me wonder.... But i have also read many many posts after a " risky " encounter feeling the same way i feel... I guess it is guilt and anxiety messing our heads up.
Our minds are powerful yes, and after an encounter that is worrisome, I think people notice very little thing where before, these sensations had no meaning and so it wasn't worth worrying about.  Again, testicular pain has nothing to do with herpes nor does nausea.  But I think a person could make themselves pretty sick with worry.  What do you think?

Terri
I agree, i'll post later to let people know how my story goes.... I'm still trying to find out why the headache.... I'll keep searching.
Should i teat again for HIV ? I did it at 45 days after... Please advice.
Thanks.
no, you don't need to test for HIV again

Terri
Dear Terry,

I was doing some reading, I found out i was tested using a blood sample not a urine test for chlamydia, they did collect a urin sample for the regular testing as it was my check up visit which came clean. Is it possible that my blood test for chlamydia was a false negative since it was blood only, taken at 28 days after exposure and maybe that is the reason i had testicular pain, mild headache and nausea ?
How long does testicular pain from chlamydia last last? I never had discharge or any pain or discharge urinating.  Confused.
And lower back pain
A blood test is not a diagnostic tool for chlamydia.  Are you sure you are reading that correctly?

Terri
I called and confirmed they did use urin for the test :-).  I had another ( clearview )  HIV Test at 9 weeks and it was negative. I can't wait for the 3 months for another HSV test so i can rest in peace.
I know my headaches, nausea and everything else is due to guilt and anxiety, and eventhoug i want to let it go my brain does not let me it is always in the back of my mind.
Thanks !
You're welcome

Terri
Dear Terry,

As of today i have not noticed any skin symptoms, but the headache, lower back pain and sometimes nausea persist.
I don't think it is herpes but i keep on reading about atypical hsv2 presentations..... Would you explain a bit ?
I doubt it.
This is my final post on this thread

Terri