Herpes Community
Is this herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Is this herpes?

I had two small pimple like bumps on the corner of my labia majora sort of close to the tip. I immediatly thought they where ingrown hairs because it has been a while since I recieved oral from my girlfriend and I had shave that area the week before. I used a hot towel and popped them. Now they just looked like sores, so I put peroxide on them and they are healing. Then two days later I felt another bump under the skin and i saw this one had a hair in it so i used a hot towel on it to expose the hair. Now it is also just a sore. The other two do not hurt anymore but this fresh one is itchy and hurts when i touch the open sore. I have no other symptoms of herpes and no other bumps. I have been reading online and I am freaking out. Does anyone with herpes remember how their first outbreak was and if this could be an outbreak.
If there is a hair coming out of the bump then it is most likely folliclitis, which is caused by clogged hair follicles. It's unlikely that this is herpes.

Have you or your partner been tested for HSV-1 or HSV-2 in the past or does any of you get cold sores?