Herpes Community
Is what i have genital herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Is what i have genital herpes?

Hello, about a month ago I had a very subtle sexual encounter with a guy. We only engaged in oral sex, but today I discovered a painless red lump on the base of my penis, and I am very worried this could be genital herpes. I recently got a blood test done, and my results came back negative, but this was only a couple of weeks after the sexual encounter. I am really worried. Could this be something else?
It could be hpv (genital warts)
Can I please get a second opinion? I am going to a clinic as soon as I can, but I would like to know the primary differences between the average pimple and genital warts. I had none of the common symptoms related to the initial breakout of herpes. My skin does not itch, the bump is not painful. I also had a blood test done about a week ago and the results were negative (0.09).

I would like to hear back from one of the Top STD answerers, please, as this situation has me concerned and I just wish to be better informed. Thank you!
odds are this isn't anything std related. it certainly doesn't sound at all like genital herpes.

have you been seen yet?

grace
Grace how are you? Yes, I went to a clinic and the doctor told me it was a sebaceous cyst. He said it did not appear to be herpes (and my symptoms are not even close) and it did not seem to be a symptom of HPV. However, he did refer me to a urologist to get a much better diagnosis from a specialist.

When I got home, I looked up sebaceous cyst online, and it looks exactly like what I have. However, I don't want to rule out HPV just yet because some of the outbreaks appear like a sebaceous cyst. With all of the recent scares I've had recently, I think I'm just abstaining from sex altogether for quite a while. On Monday, I meet with a urologist and, then, I'm sure I'll have a better idea. I'll make sure to repost when I meet with him.
P.S. I also researched penile papules lately and my penis is filled with them. The area where the lump appeared is one heavily laden with papules, so I would not doubt the lump is merely an over-inflated papule. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Thank you for responding Grace.
glad you are getting better answers :)