Herpes Community
L-Lysine and Menstrual Cycle?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

L-Lysine and Menstrual Cycle?

Does L-Lysine affect menstrual cycles? I've noticed since I have begun taking these vitamins I havent had a period and its been 3 months! Back in November, I was found to have a simple cyst on my right ovary and all of this didnt start happening until I started taking it. I would hate to stop since it has been very effective (along with Valtrex) with stopping me from having outbreaks. Does anyone just think it is a coincidence???? This is frustrating as I am trying to have a baby with my bf!
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1907326_tn?1323898389
Lysine isnt proven to be effective. Valtrex is more than enough. Stop taking it and see what happens.  
Blank
Really? I've read plenty of articles that actually contradict the ineffective statements. Nonetheless, I am going to cease taking them. I wonder how long before it is out of my system. I have only began retaking them this past week.
Blank
1907326_tn?1323898389
I thought so too and in fact took it for several months and didnt see any results. Valtrex is the only thing that works for me.  I had read on here for the first time that recent studies so it to be ineffective but some people still swear by it.  
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
it's the valtrex keeping you from having herpes recurrences, not the lysine.   lysine is one of the biggest herpes myths out there!!

nothing about lysine should affect your menstrual cycle either. continue to follow up on those issues with your gyn.

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank