Aa
A
A
Close
L-Lysine and Menstrual Cycle?
Does L-Lysine affect menstrual cycles? I've noticed since I have begun taking these vitamins I havent had a period and its been 3 months! Back in November, I was found to have a simple cyst on my right ovary and all of this didnt start happening until I started taking it. I would hate to stop since it has been very effective (along with Valtrex) with stopping me from having outbreaks. Does anyone just think it is a coincidence???? This is frustrating as I am trying to have a baby with my bf!
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1907326 tn?1323898389
Lysine isnt proven to be effective. Valtrex is more than enough. Stop taking it and see what happens.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Really? I've read plenty of articles that actually contradict the ineffective statements. Nonetheless, I am going to cease taking them. I wonder how long before it is out of my system. I have only began retaking them this past week.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1907326 tn?1323898389
I thought so too and in fact took it for several months and didnt see any results. Valtrex is the only thing that works for me.  I had read on here for the first time that recent studies so it to be ineffective but some people still swear by it.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
101028 tn?1419606604
it's the valtrex keeping you from having herpes recurrences, not the lysine.   lysine is one of the biggest herpes myths out there!!

nothing about lysine should affect your menstrual cycle either. continue to follow up on those issues with your gyn.

grace
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
Top STDs Answerers
Blank