L-Lysine and medication
I have hsv2 and take 1 Valtrex pill every day. I read up a lot on the L-Lysine supplement and that it can help clear up outbreaks quickly and may even help stop an outbreak from occurring. So now in addition to my daily Valtrex pill, I also take a daily L-Lysine pill. Is this ok? I've heard that too much Lysine can lead to liver damage. If the Lysine is truly helpful, then I want to keep taking it. But if it is in fact harmful, I'd like to know. Thoughts?
the valtrex you are taking is what is working, not the lysine. also not cheap to take the 3x/day lysine dose that is needed to have any effect at all. no study has shown that lysine speeds healing of genital herpes either - only the 3x/day dose seemed to help some people have less recurrences though granted it was not the greatest of studies. we don't recommend lysine for herpes at all - not significant enough effectiveness.  most of us get more than enough of it in our diets anyways.

I've never read about lysine causing liver damage. it isn't recommended to be used in pregnancy or if you have high bp if I recall. been a long time since I read the info.

grace