L-Lysine
Has anyone taken L-Lysine to reduce HSV-2 outbreak? Is it effective?
My doctor wouldn't let me taking the suppressive treatment since it's unnecessary according to her.
I was diagnosed with Herpes last November, and just this month I'm having the second outbreak. It's not as bad as the first one, but if there is a way to prevent the outbreak, I'd prefer that coz it took weeks for the bumps to go away.
does lysine help for herpes? no it does not. you'll find some sites that say it doesn't but when you do the reading of real medical research you see that it isn't effective. we also don't have studies showing if lysine supplementation helps with reducing shedding of herpes which is overall far more important than it reducing ob's anyways.

if you have hsv2 and your regular provider won't prescribe daily suppressive therapy, if you want it, find a different provider who is  more up to date on herpes treatments.

grace