Aa
A
A
Close
Labial Herpes To Ocular Herpes
Hello. I got my HSV1 outbreak last Thursday, I have been using abreva, I never have a weeping period, It was all Dried up and annoyed me so I was peeling it off, I had a little blood on my hands that I just rubbed off, A few minutes later my professor made me laugh so hard that I started tearing, I rubbed away the tears with the same hand but I tried using a different part of my hand, it was between the finger and the thumb, both of which I used to pick at the herpes, do I have a risk of contracting Ocular herpes, My eye isn't red or anything yet this happened about an hour ago, I'm so worried
Cancel
4 Answers
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
101028 tn?1419606604
typically in adults, occular herpes occurs when the virus migrates up the nerve ganglia on its own, not from anything you would do.  honestly I wouldn't worry about this.

abreeva is over priced and barely got fda approval to say that it speeds healing of herpes lesions. in studies, it only healed them less than a day faster than using a placebo.  have you ever tried using acyclovir orally when you first feel like a cold sore might be starting? You can get 30 200mg tablets for $4 with a prescription from walmart.

grace
Comment
Cancel
101028 tn?1419606604
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I have never tried going to the Dr for hsv1 because I figured since its a virus its untreatable, ill def try that next time, this was my first time trying abreva also...

Also .so you're saying I'm good? Becauae I'm real worried
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Yeah, you have nothing to worry about. The antibodies you have developed from your oral HSV-1 infection protect you from acquiring or spreading the virus elsewhere with the exception of the primary outbreak, and even during that time it is extremely rare.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
101028 tn?1419606604
ask your doctor for a prescription for acyclovir to keep on hand. It works best if you start it at the very first sign of a cold sore about to start. If you wait until you have an obvious cold sore to call for a prescription and start them, you've already wasted valuable time.

best of luck!
Comment
Cancel
101028 tn?1419606604
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank