Herpes Community
Little White painless bumps in corner of mouth

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Okay, so a while back my hubby and  I were seperated and we got back together and then I got an std trichomosis (sp?) anyway they did a pap said I also had  yeast infection and tested me for herpes because I had bumps in the corner of my mouth. It came back negative. This was four months ago. The bumps are still there, painless though. I have noticed some dryness below my buttocks behind my thighs but it only flares up when I eat alot of carbs. I was convinced I had Canadia (yeast overgrowth) but my dr says she thinks its herpes sim one but this was even after she told me I did have an overgrowth of yeast. I have no symptoms, the white bumps are not pusing or sore and the most that has ever happened is chapped lips, which really had nothing to do with the bumps because its winter. I've heard the cultures are more accurate then the blood tests and being so close to xmass I really dont want to think I have herpes sim one. But, anyway, they are no bigger then a pin head and can only be seen if I stretch my lips. My dr. said the dryness behind my thighs could by another symptom but I can't help to feel like she's seeing std's everywhere just because I had the one. I didn't go in until after thirty days of my first yeast symptoms so when she did the pap exam I should've been active in whatever. I don't know if she's doing type specific I thought she said she was doing a PCR??? I dont know maybe I'm wrong. At any rate, what will it mean if I do have herpes sim one? Can I kiss my daughter? Have more kids? And my husband, who pobably already has it, but will kissing while I have these bumps increase the disease or something???? Ugh. This *****.
Oral herpes would not stay there without healing for 4 months. I suggest seeing a dermatologist.  

grace
Thanks for the info. I've been doing some digging and it seems Herpes sim one, while not something to jump up and down about, isn't that bad. I haven't had my tests results but have managed to come up with enough answers on my own that I really don't think I have it, but I was wondering if you've heard of these "dry patches" being a symptom? I haven't read anything online, but its the only symptom I have that really matches what the doctor said. The bumps are ridiculously small and non bothersome. I really hope she checked for the yeast over growth because so far all those symptoms actually match. I am suppose to hear this week, hopefully tomorrow and I will keep you posted. Thanks!
I repeat - herpes would not stay present without changing on your mouth area for 4 months. It's more likely to be something else -perhaps just chapped lips or something like angular chelitis even.

As for the genital issues - your provider found yeast before and if it's not cleared up, you need retested for it and further treatment.

grace
My test results were negative. Thanks for the help. I believe it's a Candia fungus and am going back for treatment.
Glad you are getting some answers :)

grace