Herpes Community
Lymph node swelling opposite side of initial HSV-2 OB, HELP!!!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I have had HSV-2 for 8 yrs and have been on suppressive therapy and have not had an outbreaks since my initial OB.My initial OB was on the left shaft of my penis with coinciding swollen lymphs on the left.  Recently, I began dating a girl who has HSV1. We engaged in oral sex and unprotected vaginal intercourse once a week for 3 weeks, she did not have an outbreak during this time. She has tested negative for HIV with in the last month. Recently, I have a swollen lymphnode in my Right inguinal region. I have no pain with urination or discharge, I also have no ulcerations or pain in my testicles or bladder area. Lastly, I have no new OB. The swollen lymphnode on the right is slightly tender and has been there for about a week. I am becoming very concerned and very scared. CAN ANYBODY OFFER THEIR INPUT
has your new partner had full std testing that you are having unprotected sexual contact?

is it likely that your swollen lymphnode is herpes related? No it is not. see your provider for further exam to try to figure out what is going on.

grace
She went to the doctor for her annual physical 2 months ago *december). She tested negative for HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphillis (syphilis). Her first OB was in november of 2011 and it was HSV-1. She has never mentioned any genital issues HSV 2related.