Herpes Community
Misdiagnosed & Misinformed about if I have Herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I was dating a woman with HSV 1&2 and at the end of our LTR, had a skin rash outbreak that wasn't exactly the signs of herpes since there was no prodome, I had swelling of the glans (glands) on my penis below the head, a rash lasted much longer than a few weeks and there was never painful or itchy with.

I waited at least 15 weeks til after my last encounter with her and maybe a month or so after all symptoms had cleared before having an HSV IGG specific Blood Test which came back Negative for both HSV 1&2.

I continued to have dry skin and flaking of my penis skin for another month or so and was treated for a yeast infection with several topical creams. About 2 months ago I had a hard white pimple like spot appear on my shaft and it stayed there for about 3 weeks before it turned in to a pimple gt red and disappeared, however, it has left a light red blemish which shows when I get erect.

I'm concerned as to whether my HSV test results could have been inaccurate even after waiting 15 or more weeks since my last sexual encounter?

SHould I be retested for Herpes or see a dermatologist for a possible skin condition? The hard bump like spot happened a few years back on the other side of my shaft and I actually burst it myself after it was there for over 3 months and it was filled with hard white puss like substance, but it cleared immediately after I did that and squeezed it all out. Np scar or anything. I recently saw a posting referencing mollesceum contagiosum and am thinking this could be possible explanation.

Again, my question is really could there have been a false negative HSV 1&2 IGG specific test after 15 weeks from last exposure?

Sorry, for length of post just trying to be informative.

Thank you.
I'd continue to follow up with your dermatologist since you are once again having some skin issues.

herpes wouldn't present like this. no reason to doubt your test results from the partner in question.

grace
Grace,

I just want to thank you in advance for your response, it is so amazing to see someone care as much as you to help other people; just want you to know it doesn't go unnoticed.

Well, I went ahead and got tested again any way because I'm a bit of a hypochondriac to say the least and jut got my results back.

These results are based on well over a year of complete abstinence.

I was .91 - equivocal for HSV 2 & 1.37 low positive for HSV 1.

Would you suggest retesting again with western blot or do you think I should move past Herpes as the issue and focus on seeking a dermatologist.

HSV 2 IgG, Type Spec163153 0.91    0.00-0.90    index
Negative 0.91
Equivocal 0.91 - 1.09
Positive 1.09
.
Note: Negative indicates no antibodies detected to
HSV-2. Equivocal may suggest early infection. If
clinically appropriate, retest at later date. Positive
indicates antibodies detected to HSV-2; coinfection
with HSV-1 cannot be excluded without type specific
testing.
HSV 1 IgG, Type Spec164899 1.37    0.00-0.90    index
Negative 0.91
Equivocal 0.91 - 1.09
Positive 1.09

Thank you so much for your feedback!
I wouldn't bother with more testing.