Herpes Community
NEED HELP INTERPRETING IGG TEST RESULTS PLEASE!!!
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

NEED HELP INTERPRETING IGG TEST RESULTS PLEASE!!!

I had an unprotected encounter with a girl i've known for years who was married.  She assured me she had been tested for everything and had nothing.  She ended up having a UTI/Yeast infection the next day and I got a bad penile yeast infection 2 weeks later which was diagnosed by a dermatologist.  I had a rash, no pain, some red bumps and odor etc.  Here are the results of my tests.  What I am most concerned about is the seroconversion of HSV1.  Thank you in advance.

2.5 Weeks from Exposure - Sunrise labs Type Specific HSV IGG
HSV1 IGG = .1 Negative
HSV2 IGG = .1 Negative
HSV1/2 IGM = .28 Negative

11 Weeks from Exposure - Enzo Labs Type Specific HSV IGG
HSV1 IGG = .5 Negative
HSV2 IGG = <.2 Negative

4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Btw, I am well aware that IGM is a faulty test DUE TO FALSE POSITIVES from past infections like chicken pox and mono or cross reaction with IGG, however, i have studied and read (including a post from Dr. HHH) that a negative is still a good sign as false negatives are far less common in the presence of negative IGG tests.
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
you paid to post on the herpes experts forum. follow up there to get your money's worth :)
Blank
Thanks grace. I posted here first. Figures I'd cover my bases in case anyone had any insight. Thank you.
Blank
I'm not getting any response on the experts forum.  Does anyone have any insight on this?  I really just want to know if i can trust my 11 week test.  My doctors say yes, but the constant burning is making it hard to ignore.  Does the IGM negative lower my odds??  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...