Herpes Community
Need To Clarify Quest HSV Test Results

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Need To Clarify Quest HSV Test Results

I recently had an 8-panel STD test performed at a local medical aid office but lab work was done by Quest.  I received my results today which came back negative for everything except for the HSV portion. The nurse at the doctors office informed me that I had both HSV 1/2 meaning I had oral as well as genital herpes.  Being that I was so astonished at the time she told me this I did not have time process the test results she had printed out for me.  Once I got home reviewed them and they read as follows:

HSV 1/2 AB (IGM), IFA w/rfl to titer:
     HSV 1 IGM Screen = Negative
     HSV 2 IGM Screen = Negative

HSV 1/2 IGG, Type Specific AB Herpeselect:
     HSV 1 IGG Type Specific AB = >5.00H (Out of Range)
     HSV 2 IGG Type Specific AB = 0.02 (In Range)

Range:
     1.10 = positive

Now after a little research done via the internet it appears to me that I indeed tested positive for HSV 1 and since I've had cold sores occasionally throughout my life I believe, but not HSV 2.  I called the office back and questioned the nurse about this and she confirmed her original diagnosis.  Being I am not in the medical field I don't want to tell her she doesn't know what she talking about but unless I'm missing something I think she is mistaken.  Also, to further my suspicions I have never had any symptoms of genital herpes in any way before, which I know in no way confirms my analysis.  Is there anyone here who could advise me of how I should interpret all this please?
Tags: HSV, Quest, hsv test, HSV 1, hsv 2, Test Results, test interpretation, results
Assuming a faithful transcription of the results here, there is absolutely no way there is any evidence of HSV2, which is more commonly found in the genital region. The results are conclusive that you have not been infected with HSV2 for the period of 12 weeks prior to having the test.

The nurse is mistaken.