Negative for herpes
Hi, I had an STD panel done four weeks ago with all tests negative including herpes.  I went back to my doctor today who has diagnosed me with having prostatitis.  I have a slight pain at the point where the head of my penis and the shaft meet.  I only mostly notice the pain in the shower when the water hits the area directly.  There are no lesions, rash, itching, burning urination or any of the like.  Just that little bit of pain.  Anyway, the last few days I've begun to notice it more and he said if it's not prostatis then it's probably herpes.  Now, I haven't had sex since May which was protected.  Now, during intercourse that night is when I first felt this pain.  Remember, I had STD panel done only four weeks ago and all tests negative.

Now, when I was tested I was on 500mg Levo for my enlarged prostate.  Is it possible for antibiotics to adversely affect a blood test for herpes?  Seems to me like he's trying to scare me, which in fact he did; but if there is no cure for herpes then how would me being on levo for four days prior to the test have any effect on my results?  Please any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  
This sounds nothing like herpes, and I have no idea why your doctor suggested it.

Has your doctor done a prostate exam?  If he hasn't, he's irresponsible for treating you for prostatitis.

Aj
Yes, I had a colonoscopy done on June 23rd.  I had the STD tests done on my own on the 26th.  As I said, I was on Levo for four days before I had the STD tests but would being on Levo effect a Herpes blood test?  Especially considering the fact that antibiotics have no effect whatsoever on viruses?
Levo wouldn't affect the herpes test at all.

The levo could, however, affect gonorrhea and chlamydia testing.

Aj
Oh but levo would kill chlamydia, so I wouldn't worry about that one.

Aj
So what is this pain?  It's a dull pain much like a cavity would be.  It isn't constant but like I said it has been going on since April.  In fact, I was having PROTECTED sex with a woman when I first noticed it.  One nurse at a clinic suggested that her IUD might have irritated me but would pain last this long from that?  

My point to the doc was yesterday that I only have two weeks of levo left and my prostatitis isn't getting any better.  Other problem is I'm leaving for Afghanistan in three weeks and it doesn't leave me much time for additional tests if I can't get him to help me.  Then that adds having to go to another doctor and start the whole process all over again.  
Oh I'm sorry this isn't getting any better.

Here is a good, if depressing, article about chronic prostatitis - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_prostatitis/chronic_pelvic_pain_syndrome

I don't know what the rules are for meds when you are overseas, but maybe your doctor can just prescribe some meds you can take with you.

Aj