Newly diagnosed.
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend one night, the next afternoon I had unprotected sex with basically a stranger. That night I got a fever of 102.5 and in the morning I had what I thought was yeast. Went to the dr got three diflucan pills didn't help went back by now I had sores, was swabbed and came back positive for herpes. Started on Valtrex, ect.
Question is - could i have gotten it from the stranger and have the symptoms show up so fast? I know I could have gotten it years ago but I'm just curious if this is a possibility. Thank you.
there is no way to know how long you've been infected based on the testing you've had done so far.  herpes symptoms can show up in as little as 2 days post encounter.  

has your bf been tested yet to know his status?

did your lesion culture show  hsv1 or hsv2?

grace
He said he's been tested and had nothing but the girl he went and got tested with tested positive for hsv1 but I'll never really know as he lies...I wasn't told if it was 1 or 2 just that it wAs positive. I read on another post that you wrote that you never, ever, ever need to treat an outbreak. Can you explain?
you never have to treat herpes. it heals on its own.  treating only helps to speed healing of lesions when you have them or when taken daily, helps to reduce the number of recurrences.

have you read the free herpes handbook yet that we recommend in our read before posting post on the forum?

Ah ok I get what you mean. I read something that was written by you and someone else, not sure if it was the handbook, I'll check it out again. Thanks.
I read the "everything you wanted to know about herpes but are too scared to ask" is that what you're talking about? Went and checked again and didn't see a link To a handbook.
http://westoverheights.com/handbook.html