Herpes Community
Newly diagnosed T1Herpes and warts not responding to treatment

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Hi, I was diagnosed with Herpes after I had surgery in March this year, the first outbreak took 5 x5 day courses Acyclovir to go.  After the first outbreak I had persistent 'bumps' that were continued to be treated with Acyclovir before I was told I also actually had a warts outbreak as well.  The warts started rapidly spreading about 2months after the bumps appeared and after the first herpes outbreak.  I have now had 4 herpes outbreaks (1 after starting maintenance acyclovir of 2 x 400mg per day) and 10 freezing treatments and nothing seems to be changing.  I am on day 7 of the latest herpes outbreak and have been taking 5 x 400mg Acyclovir per day.... And still not gone!!!

I've been having sex with my boyfriend exclusively for 18 months and both of us were clear on STI checks before all of this.  He has been tested whilst I've been going through all of this and has no signs of anything though I know you can't test unless symptoms. Starting to feel like there is something seriously wrong with my immune system and I'm worried about the long term health effects of taking so many anti-vitals as well as scarring from all the freezing :(

Can anyone help??

Tags: Warts, Type 1 herpes, Herpes, Not responding to treatment, acyclovir
Hi, what did you mean you cant test without symptoms, that not true at all. You can have the igg type specific and he can also. What did you test positive for hsv1 or 2 or both?

After this initial onslaught of outbreaks things should settle down to just a few a year. The first are the worst and you should abstain from sex during these breakout not just for yoour b/f but give the sores a chance to heal. You need to relax and calm down and get your body strong.
Thanks life360. I was diagnosed with type 1. My boyfriend was told he can't be tested without symptoms and they won't do a blood test as they aren't accurate (we've spoken to 3 different clinics!) there has been no sex of late don't worry!
That is complete wrong information. They have the type specific and Wb. Go t a doctor and order the test not a clinic or at least not the clinics in your area. Totally incorrect information. Blood tests are very accurate.