Herpes Community
No relief from meds on initial outbreak

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

No relief from meds on initial outbreak

I recently went to my doctor after he told me I had herpes. Still not sure whether it's 1 or 2 (does it matter? Is there a better one to have?)

ANyways...he put me on 500mg of Vitrex (twice daily) and at first it was getting cleared up but now new ones are forming and I don't know what to do :(

Is this normal that people don't react that well to the first outbreak? I'm tired of being on these meds and they're making me feel down and helpless.

Where are your outbreaks and what does it look like? Have you had sex recently with someone in the last few weeks that has herpes?
so you are male?  ( I never trust that folks have picked the right gender icon )

what testing did you have done?

how long have you been on antivirals?

grace
Yes I'm male...on Vitrex (forgot the name)

ANyways...I get a call from my doc last night and he says both tests came up negative! They were blood tests. However, all the physical symptoms were there and he wants me back in to do God knows what.

Is it possible I could carry it and test negative? Ever since I stopped the meds the scabs/boils...whatever you call them have gone away. I took them for 8 days and then stopped. While I was on them I even developed new cases.

So could it be something different? What test is reliable?
if this was a newly acquired infection, blood testing was too early. it's unfortunate that your provider didn't do a lesion culture.

do you have a regular partner?