Herpes Community
Not diagnosed, weird symptoms...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Not diagnosed, weird symptoms...

I'm really scared. I'm having some symptoms and when I look them up there's always a result referring to herpes. I thought I had an outbreak. I felt like I had the flu and I was really depressed. I had a sore, just one. It only lasted a few days and it just went away. It didn't rupture or anything. I've had cold sores since I was a child and it was kind of painful like that but did not rupture. Since then it seems like I have a constant vaginal infection. There aren't any sores but I've had cuts and constant irritation. I've had the cuts before and tested negative for herpes. I've had fevers that lasted a day and went away.
Now I'm having skin sensitivity. Last week it was my arms. I felt sunburned. This week it's my legs that feel sunburned. I know I need to be tested again but I'm so scared.
Does this sound like herpes or do you think I'm just being paranoid?
Thank you.
you tried to post to Terri Warren on someone else's post. if you want her advice, you have to start your own post and pay on her forum.

have you been seen yet and had any exams and basic testing done?  

grace
Sorry about that. I'm going to get a blood test Monday. I talked to my doctor twice. The first time I had a cut. She tested me and it was negative. That's before what I think could've been my first outbreak. Then next time I went I had felt something there but you couldn't see it. She couldn't see it either but it was always bothering me. It tingled it pinched all the time. It's been 6 months. The last few days it's been really irritated in that spot I can't really see anything there. But my whole body feels sunburned still. There are no distinguishable blisters but there are tiny bumps on my labia minora that you can feel but can't see. They are irritated. Do you think it could be an external yeast infection? Or does it sound more like herpes? Thank you for any advice.
have they been testing you for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally when you have been seen?

I have been treated for bv. I used Nuva ring for a while. It kept giving me infections but I took that out about. 9 months ago.
when was the last time they treated you for bv?
I just took a test for it this week for bv. It was negative. What do you know about external yeast infections?
usually in women, if you have external yeast, you also have it internally. if they tested you for bv and didn't find any signs of yeast, odds are you don't just have an external yeast infection genitally.

no std causes skin sensitivity all over the body like you are having either.

at this point, continue to follow up regularly with your provider to try to figure out what is going on.

Lots of people on one of the herpes forum experienced the sunburned feeling. It feels like when I was a child and had shingles but all over my body.

on the forums, many folks attribute everything to being due to herpes when it isn't.  it just adds to your anxiety to read many of them and concentrating solely on herpes as the source of your symptoms keeps you from finding out what is really causing them.
You're right. Thank you. I'm getting tested Monday.